25. You are changed

NANDINI POV

NANDINI POV

Manik admitted two weeks ago that he 'loved me,' but now he acts as if I don't exist. He ignores me, hangs out with his old buddies, and is once again in the company of every girl.

He appears to have returned to the time before we met. The last few weeks have been difficult, and I've told Navya everything. She was supportive, but she had no idea what I was going through.

After his confession, I found it difficult to sleep. How couldn't I? He recently confessed his love for me.

It crushed my heart to watch him with the girl or, more accurately, kissing the girl against my locker that day.

FLASHBACK

Navya and I were headed towards our lockers, where I needed to drop my books, but "he" was already there. Manik was present, but he was not alone. He pushed a girl against the locker and kissed her passionately. It was my locker.

He told me he "loved me" three days ago, and now he's out here kissing some random girl? If he truly loved me, he would have fought for me instead of kissing whatever girl he came across.

He was doing it on purpose, and as soon as he noticed me, he ignored me. He couldn't give a damn.

I was irritated and huffed. "Ummm, I need to get to my locker."

They both looked at me, and the female smirked. Manik simply stared at me and then got back to what he was doing. That was eating that girl alive.

"Get the room!" I exclaimed as I walked away, pulling Navya behind me.

FLASHBACK ENDS

What did you want to hear? That I loved him too? I liked him a lot, I might even have loved him. But I can't be with a non-Muslim. It would make everything more difficult and Abhi and Mom would kill me.

But why was he doing this to me? He knows I care about him, but he was still rubbing everything in my face. I hope it was worth it to not say the decision, right?

I walked to the back of the class and sat down. Aryamaan and Navya weren't there, so I was alone. I hate being alone. Manik was my usual companion, but he dumped me.

Speaking of him, he just walked into the classroom, taking a seat in front of me. great

He looked at me with his brown eyes, smirked at me, and sat down. To be honest, I missed his smirk, his eyes, his smile, and his touch. But this smirk was different; it was sad, but it also had a hint of anger in it. he was planning something, something I wouldn't like.

I shook that thought away and opened my book to start concentrating in class.

At the very least, I thought it was finally over.

"Manik and Nandini, can you guys stay for a few minutes longer?" Our teacher said in her serious tone.

Manik looked at me and nodded at the teacher's question.

"Of course ma'am," I responded, and made my way to her desk, where Manik did the same.

All the students have already left the class, and I am alone here with Manik and the teacher.

The teacher said, "Your grades aren't great, Manik, so, Nandini, I want you to tutor him."

What did she want me to do?!

"Maam, I don't need an a-" Manik said she was getting annoyed by what she just said.

"Yes you do, Manik, If Nandini is okay with it, then you'll have a new tutor from now on," the teacher said in her stern tone.

"I'm not tutoring anyone, mam," I said as politely as I could.

"Why not? You're a good student, and you guys hang out a-" She was trying to convince me, but I cut her in between.

"With all due respect, ma'am, if I don't want to tutor somebody, then you'll have to accept my decision." I know that it sounds may rude, but I don't want to tutor him

"Okay Nandini, so Manik, you need to study more then," she said, taking her book from the desk and pointing towards the door, indicating for us to leave.

I left, and Manik was walking behind me.

"You should be honored to be my tutor," he whispered, close to my ear.

"Maybe you shouldn't be that stupid then," I said harshly. That was low of me, I know.

I shouldn't have said that, but he needed to stop with this attitude.

He grabbed my wrist and made me stop. The hallways were empty, that was our last period for today and everybody had already left the school.

"Don't you ever say something like that again!" He warned me and grabbed my chin, making me look at him.

"What happened to you?"I asked, with tears forming in my eyes,

"You've changed," I whispered, letting tears fall.

He pushed me against the locker, holding my hands next to my head.

"You made me like this again!" he said, coming close to my face.

"Manik, you're hurting me," I said, trying to break free from his grip and rubbing the spot where his finger had left red marks.

"I-I am so-sorry," he said, realizing how hard he was holding me when he saw the red marks of his finger on my wrist.

And with this being said, he left. What was wrong with him?

Don't forget to vote and leave your precious comments...❤

1. What do you think? why Manik is behaving like this?

2. Words for Nandini?

3. Some words for Manik?