"..so we can walk home?" "We?"

Slight angst, and swearing.

I was walking on the street at around 10pm. I hate walking alone at this time of the day, but i had to. My boss wouldn't let the staff go home until everything was clean.

I work at a small coffee shop. An intern dropped 5 mugs of coffee and it was literally everywhere. We didn't want her to take all the blame, since she was just an intern so we pretended like we all dropped one.

I didn't own a car, so i had to walk or got with my bike. Well both my tires were done for so i had to walk. Its almost 40 minutes walking. I had a hoodie on and kind of hid behind my hood. I had my key in between my fingers, cause you never know. After 20 minutes of walking it began to rain "great" i mutter, and fastened my walk.

I heard some noice behind me, and saw a few drunk man walking. I walked even faster than before, scared for what might happen. Before i knew it, they walked faster too. Shouting things like "hey, don't be afraid" and "we can protect you, little girl"

I felt really uncomfortable and began running. I wanted to get away from them. They also began running, but, Since they were drunk it didn't really work. I hid in an ally. Soaked from the rain, cold, out of breath i hid. Trying my best to stay as quiet as possible.

I heard them laughing, coughing, and laughing again. "Little girl?" They questioned "come out to play with us, we won't hurt you" the other man said. They began walking in the ally. I was scared. 'This is it' i think to myself.

Suddenly, out of nowhere. I hear a man falling and grunting. There is a fight going on. Who were they fighting? I heard a lot of grunts and moans as they fell onto the ground. Defeated. I was scared to look. "It's okay, there... gone" a voice said. A woman's voice. "Well there not gone, gone. There unconscious. So they can't hurt you anymore"

I still didn't move or speak, i was too much in shock. "I know your behind the dumpster, but i don't wanna scare you so i will just wait until your ready to.. get out?" She questioned the last part.

After about 10 minutes of silence i thought she was gone so i stood up. To my surprise she was still there. "I'm sorry if i scared you" i looked at her, then at the guys on the ground, who were twice the size of her. "Your probably wondering how i did.. that" she said pointing to the guys. I nod.

"Well i can't tell you everything. Just i work for an operation and im skilled in fighting" she gave me a warming smile. "Thank you" i say quietly. "No problem. Now, are you ready, so we can walk home?" She questioned. "We?" I ask her. "Oh yeah, im not letting you walk alone after this, i've been following them for a while, and i don't think they're alone"

I just nod and we began to walk. It was quiet. With her sometimes asking me a question. Like "what do you do for work?" "I work at a coffee shop" i reply. Simple answers.  I don't know who this woman is.

Eventually we got to my apartment "this is me" i saw standing still before the entrance. "Uhmm.. wanna come in for a drink? Or just to warm up" i asked pointing out the fact that we are both soaking wet as its still raining. She smiled "thank you, i would like that"

We walked inside and to my door. "Don't expect much from it" i warn her before we got in. Its a small apartment. One bedroom. But big enough, since i live alone. "Its cute" she said.

I took of my jacket and changed into an oversized hoodie and some sweatpants. Forgetting i had company i walk into the kitchen. 'Why would i wear something like this in front of a beautiful woman i just met, how stupid can i be' i think to myself. "I uh.. i got you a hoodie, if you want"

She accepted my hoodie and gladly put it on. "Soooo, you want a drink?" "Just a glass of water please" she said. Looking around my place.

We stayed here for over 3 hours. Just chatting and laughing. She asked me a few times if i was okay, after what happened but i reassured her that i was fine. And i was. She made me feel safe for some reason. We watched a movie and she fell asleep. I didn't want to wake her, so i grabbed a blanket and put it over her. I walked to my bedroom and got to sleep.

The next morning i woke up with a happy feeling. I got out of bed to check if she was still there. She wasn't on the couch anymore. I let out a sad sigh but then i heard a "morning" i smiled as i saw her making breakfast in the kitchen. "Im sorry i fell asleep, i thought the least i could do was make you breakfast" she smiled nervously.

"Its no problem. You know, i never asked you your name" "it's Natasha. Natasha Romanoff" i smile "well nice to meet you Natasha, im y/n, y/l/n"

Six months later
"Nat?" I questioned as i heard the front door open. "Omg y/n you won't believe what happened" she said exited. I walked over to her. "We got it!!" She said jumping up and down. My mouth fell open "your not joking right?" I asked just to be sure. "No! Of course not!! The other people backed out, after our last bid.. y/n we got the house!!"

"NO WAY!" I said jumping in her arms, hugging her tightly. "Were gonna fucking live together" i told her. Kissing her lips.

It didn't took that long to move everything in our new house. And finally we had our own place.
After only two weeks of living there we adopted a dog together. 

"I love you so much" i told her as we were watching the dog running after a ball. "I love you more"

I hope this is okay.

I changed the ending 4 times... and im still not happy, but out of ideas.. sooo yeah

Requests are open :)