minor thing p3~ note

(Natasha POV)

When I was changed into some comfy clothes I walked to the living room where Clint told me he got the guys together. "how was the date" Bruce asked, wiggling his eyebrows. "it was nothing like that" I tell him.

"I didn't really found out a lot, only that she lies a lot and that she is not good at it" I say. "then why did you call us all here? I hope it wasn't just to tell us that she lies a lot.." tony asks.

"She told me her name, and I don't think she lied. y/n" I tell them.

"okay so, we have a lead now" Steve says kind of proud.

"I guess" I say unsure.

(y/n POV)

We both walk off into another direction. I turn around one more time before walking around a corner. I lean against the wall for a minute. 'what just happened' I think to myself.

When I'm about to walk again, I get a call. Its my 'boss' I pick up the phone. "where the hell have you been" he says angry.

"well I was-" I began, but he caught me off.

"no you know what, all you've done so far is complain and ignored everything I told you to do. I see no other option then to fire you" he says. I just keep silent. I don't know why, this is the first time I don't actually.. wanna do the job.

"aren't you gonna say something?" he yells into the phone.

"no, I want my money for the month I have spent on watching her and then, you'll have to find someone else. Goodbye" I say and hang up the phone. I'm not even gonna do anything about it. I'll find a new job, I always do.

~~next day~~

Should I text her. I told her I would, but I kind off also don't wanna bother her. What? What am I even saying. Imma text her.

y/n- hey, I really had fun on our.. date, maybe we can do it again?

Natalia- sure! I also had fun :)

y/n- how about Friday? 7pm? Maybe grab some dinner?

Natalia- sounds good, well discuss the place later.

y/n- great!

Oke. Sooo. I have a date again? Great.

(Natasha POV)

Should I tell the guys? You know what, I'll just wait to see how it goes and maybe after that.. 

I walked to my room to take a quick shower, since I've been training all day. When I arrived at my room I picked out some comfy clothes I could wear afterwards. When I put together an outfit and put it on my bed I noticed my bag from the other day sitting in the corner.

I didn't think anything off it, until I remembered that she put something in it when she went to hug me.

I get my bag and quickly go through it and soon enough find a small folded note.

'James Davidson' was the only thing it said. Maybe she didn't mean to drop it?

~~

After my shower I head to the kitchen where I saw Bruce making dinner for the team. "there you are" I hear clint say as I sit at the bar. "missed me already?" I jokingly say. "no you've just been training like all day. Something on your mind?" he asked. He knows me too well.

"I don't know. I just remembered that when she hugged me she dropped something in my bag. I found the note she dropped, but I don't think she meant to drop it. It only says a name" I tell him.

"well what's the name?" Tony asks, just walking in. "James Davidson" I tell him.

"never heard of him, J.A.R.V.I.S. see if we have anything on a James Davidson" he tells his AI.

"searching sir" it says.

I'm not really paying attention but still half listening. "we only have one old file. It says he is an old criminal. Mostly robbed banks. He is also known for hiring a assassins, we don't know for what reason" J.A.R.V.I.S. tells us.

I can feel everyone's attention turn to me. "could it be possible that she is an assassin?" Tony thinks out loud. "but that wouldn't make sense? Right?" Bruce joins the train of thought.

"could she have warned you against him?" Steve asks me. "why would she do that? if. And I mean IF she was hired to kill me, why wait a whole month or so?" I think out loud. Why wait a month?

Suddenly my appetite has gone away and I go to my room to think. Is she an assassin? Is she hired to kill me? Is that why she has been following me around all this time? Why the note? Is she warning me?

maybe i can find out friday... 

i've changed this like 3 times cuz i didn't like it. i have the whole story planned out i just need details to finish a chapter... soooo enjoy i gues :)