minor thing P2. ~date

(Natasha's POV)

I headed back to the compound to tell 'the guys' about this woman. I've noticed her following me like 3 weeks ago, but she never did anything. 'Maybe just a fan?' that's what Tony thought, but that didn't sit right with me.

"she followed me again. Rooftop this time" I tell them as I walk into the living room. "that's pretty... I don't actually know how to feel about that" Steve said.

"what happened" Clint asked.

"well I went to get my coffee. Like every morning. I saw her standing on the rooftop of another building. With binoculars might I ad" I say. "ah we got ourselves a little detective" Tony said sarcastically.

I gave him a look and went on. "but I have some new information. I went to the park next to the shop to see what she would do"

"and?" Bruce interrupted.

"she went down, got coffee. Got something out of her ear and threw it away" I say. Sitting down, making myself a salad.

"well what did she throw away?" Steve asked.

"I'm not sure.. but after that she walked to the park and walked around for a while. I followed her"

"smart" tony said, sarcastically again.

"with my eyes. Tony." I glared at him. "she stopped and untied her shoe, then walked back over to me and pretended to trip. She made some small talk and I have a date tomorrow at 2"

I tell them. I watch as their eyes widen and their mouths open. "just to find out what she wants, calm down" I say, grab my salad and walked to the training room.

*next day*

I got ready for my date. I arrived at the park 20 minutes early to set up some mics and other stuff. That's when I noticed she was also early. I quickly walked away and waited 15 minutes before walking up.

"hi" I hear a voice say. I turn around and see her. She.. actually looks kind of nice. "hi, I just realized I don't know your name.." I say. "y/n" "Natalia" 

We went to the coffee shop and ordered our 'usual'. "sooo" she says. I can just feel how awkward she feels. "I don't know how to do this" she awkwardly smiles.

I smile back "me neither"

We made some small talk, but that wasn't what I was here for. I needed to know who she is, and why she is following me. "where are you from?" I ask her after taking another sip of my coffee. "originally, no idea. I'm adopted, so I've lived here for as long as I can remember" she tells me. "what about you, Natalia doesn't sound very American"

"well, my parents are Russian, so I have that going for me" I say.

"oh cool, can you speak Russian?" she asks me. Why does she seem so interested.

"unfortunately no" yes. Fluent.

There is an silent moment in between every question. It's like we both are thinking about questions to ask that can help us get to know anything about what we need to know. "so where do you work?" she ask me. Of course she asks that.

"well, I've done some modeling. And now I'm an assistant for a very powerful man. What about you?" I say. Why did I say that. This is gonna make her ask more questions.

"well. I work at a bookshop" she says. I can tell she lies. She blinks more often when she lies. She does lie a lot, and she is not good at it. Unfortunately for her.

"oh! What bookshop? Do I know it?" I ask. I can see her getting nervous. "you probably don't, it's not that close by. I have to travel a lot" she tells me. Again a lie. She works close by. Probably from home. Or.. when she gets a job from somebody.

(Y/N POV)

She can probably tell I'm lying. I'm really not good at it. Maybe I can play this off. "should we go walk through the park? Sitting and talking is not really my style.. gets me nervous" I do sound like a complete idiot right now, but she might buy it.

(Natasha POV)

I don't buy it for a second she is hiding something.

"sure" I say with a smile.

We stood up and I paid. We walked to the park and began the small talk all over again. "you said you like to run?" I ask. Remembering when she 'tripped'.

"yeah, for some reason I do that for fun" she says. This is probably the first truthful thing she said. "why?" I ask. "so I can clear my head. Sometimes I need a moment to just.. think. You know" she tells me. Again truthfully.

"yeah I get it" I say. I'm not getting a lot out of this. 

*2 hours later*

"I really need to get going, it was really nice meeting you" she says after our 'date' has come to an end. "it was really nice meeting you too" I say. We exchanged phone numbers so we would keep contact. Not that that ever works out. "can I give you a hug before we separate" she asks me.

"sure" I say and she walks over to me. I notice her putting something in my bag, but I'll figure that out later.

"I'll text you" she says as she walks away. I'm smiling and waving as she walks away.

As she walks one direction, I walk the other. On my way to the compound. I get in my car and drive there. When I get to the garage, I put my car away and walk inside. "how was the date" Clint asks.

"get the team together" I tell him as I'm on my way to my room to change my clothes.

 go yell at me all you want, but this is 2 posts in a day soooo. i don't know how many parts this will be.. i'll update when i finish the next part... lol. okay goodnight peeps.