02| She saw a damaged and broken girl

"So what happened to no boys?" Jordan crosses his arms looking down at me as if to remind me that I was shorter than him, therefore being that he is in charge

"So what happened to no boys?" Jordan crosses his arms looking down at me as if to remind me that I was shorter than him, therefore being that he is in charge. Support the short community.

"What?"

"Are we just going to ignore the fact that you were sitting and talking to two boys? Do I need to beat anyone up?" Jordan pretended to get into a fighting stance.

"Man, I was just putting them in their place. Rude ass customers who are definitely spoiled as fuck" I groan at Jordan's antics. This boy really gotta do this now when I'm about to leave.

"I guess you can hold your own. If I ever need to beat them up, sign me up." he says wearily.

"I'm exhausted. Honestly I just want to leave and spend some time with my true love, Netflix." Yes, Netflix is my true love. I just enjoy being able to entertain myself without having to talk with other humans. Because of my mood, duh.

Currently I'm rewatching Never Have I Ever. The show isn't too bad. Devi acts like a bitch and well I would sometimes love to just throw her off a bridge. But Nalini always makes up for it. Only those with taste appreciate her acting. Paxton is good looking, you can't even deny it. But no one surpasses Tom Holland. God damn. I wouldn't mind getting behind that. And don't even get me started on his British accent. Sadly we are not there though. Yet. A girl can dream.

"Or at least try not to get on Lilith's bad side again." I mutter that part to myself but Jordan hears cringing at the mention of her.

"Why don't you sleep over?"

"I have a fight today and honestly I don't need Lilith coming to your house at 2 in the morning looking for me."

"I wish I could come to your fight but I have a shift till midnight."

"That's gotta suck. I'll pray for you as I go visit the devils house. Can't be late again." Before he could reply I'm already jogging out the door. I hop on my motorcycle and speed all the way home. My heart thumps wildly in my chest while instead of praying for Jordan I'm praying that I'm not late. Parking a few blocks away from Lilith's I grab my bag and begin running to the house. As I make it to the door I glance down at my watch. Shit. I'm 2 minutes late.

I try to silently open the door and get in as quietly as possible. Key word, try. The door makes a loud creak making it obvious that I'm home. Though nothing happens. Walking up the stairs to my room, the only noise heard is my heartbeat echoing in my ears. Is she not home? She's always home to make sure I'm not late. I think too early and before I could even sigh entering my room, a stinging sensation erupts across my cheek.

When you come home, normally you're welcomed with a small hug or kiss, or at least a polite smile. Not in my case. Instead the slap burns through my skin line an iron and I have to suppress the groan that almost escapes.

"You're late! Who were you screwing this time?!"

"I was at work. You know, like you should be." Instead of biting my tongue like usual I can't help but snap back angrily.