29| Just one more minute. Please

"Ballroom?"

"Ballroom?"

"Too big."

"Vanilla cake?"

"Too plain."

"Dance floor?"

"Not sophisticated."

"White, navy blue, and gold?" He asks, getting more aggravated by the second, seeming very close to throwing his arms around my neck and strangling me on the spot.

"Predictable." I pick at my nails spinning in my chair.

"Fancy dress code?"

"Too fancy." I shrug taking a quick glance at him and then immediately back to my hands seeing the way he was fully tense.

"Arabella!" Luca snaps angrily his hands in tight fists around the notebook he was holding. The pages fold in half as if he was picturing the book as me.

"What? I thought you wanted my input?" My innocent look doesn't please him, his anger doubling by the second.

"Arabella, what the fuck. We've been trying to do this for the past two goddamn hours and you're not even trying!"

"I seriously need to update my summer wardrobe. Spring is almost over and then we'll have summer." I say quietly as if speaking to myself trying to push away Luca's words. The least bit interested I seem the more he'll turn back to the idea of planning a party for himself. I capitalize on the word 'himself'.

"Are you seriously not listening to me right now? I really want to have an amazing birthday but I'm starting to rethink that. I care very much about our party. Yet it seems like you don't even want it."

Bingo.

"I need you to talk to me if you have an issue with something here. We're having one party together unless you want to have separate ones. I just thought that you would have wanted to have one together now that you're back. Meaning we both have to try with this. Otherwise this won't work."

The defeated look on his face makes me plummet and the guilt eats at me though I stay silent. With a frustrated groan he throws the notebook onto the bed leaving the room without another word. The click of the door locking reminds me that I had installed automatic locks. Call me dramatic but I didn't need my family walking in on a repeat of a... situation.

I sigh yet again falling back into my bed staring begrudgingly at the ceiling. My hand moves on its own reaching for the end of the bed grasping the familiar leather sketchbook. That is until a pounding at the door makes me gasp knocking the book out of my hand. I move to the door ready to see Luca as I swing the door open. Though instead I come face to face with Vivian and the rest of the group. That group included Dominic. You've got to be fucking kidding me.

"Did you seriously fucking forget to tell us that your birthday was only a month away! You are a vile woman if you think about taking away our privilege to help plan." She points an angry finger at me before pushing past me to enter. Dominic waits outside his eyes only focused on me with an unreadable store. I move out of the way for him to brush past me, his arms gently touching me and I have to suppress the groan that tries to escape me. I haven't been able to look him in the eye ever since. He makes me feel different.