07| Blood doesn't mean your family

As my phone begins ringing in the palm of my hand all eyes snap to me

As my phone begins ringing in the palm of my hand all eyes snap to me. Ignoring the eyes I look at the phone seeing Demetri's name. Shit. I completely forgot to tell him I moved to Italy.

I hesitate to answer, staring at the screen biting my lip. I would have to talk to him in front of everyone? Yet I knew if I didn't he would come here himself and matters will be much worse. As my thumb hovers over the answer Vincent speaks.

"Put it on speaker."

I wanted to argue but I didn't have time so I obliged.

"Arabella Rylie Angel Perez!" He yells through the phone. Everyone had clenched hands staring coldly at the phone.

"Hey Demetri..." I say with a nervous chuckle. Vincent had his jaw clenched and his hands were clenched so tight they were white. He looked ready to kill.

"Don't hey Demetri me! Why did I have to hear from your brothers that you are in Italy with your biological family!?'' Everyone's eyebrows furrow confused when he mentions my 'brothers'.

"I forgot everything going on." I scratch the back of my head looking everywhere but my family.

"Do you know how worried I was when you didn't show up to training? As Ri-" I cut him off quickly.

"Sunt qui huc ad me dicens. ut postea possumus.(There are people here and I'm the speaker. we can about that later.)" I quickly stumbled out, praying that they didn't know latin. Their faces morph in confusion that makes me relax in my seat.

"Ok but that doesn't change the fact that you left me worried." His sad reply makes me sigh.

"I know. I'm sorry. You're not mad at me, are you?'' My voice is quieter as I let my barriers drop slightly. My family looks shocked at the sudden change in my mood.

"Of course not. I could never be mad at my bambina." He cooed back. A smile fights its way onto my face and I see everyone's eyes flash with something. Anger was obvious with how their jaw ticked and their hands tightened in fists. But some showed more jealousy than others.

"Well I'm going to go now.'' I say quietly.

"Call me later, okay?"

"Okay."

"If anything happens. And I mean anything, call me. Love you."

"I will. Love you. Bye."

With that I ended the call with a small smile still on my face. As I continued munching on my strawberry, I didn't look up minding my own business.

"Who the hell was that!" Xander's voice boomed throughout the entire room making me jump slightly in my seat.

"A friend."

"Well who is your "friend"?" Luca asks curiously.

"Demetri."

"Who did you call your brothers?" Lorenzo's eyes don't hide the sadness behind it and neither does his voice.