09| He's going to take me back

You know that feeling when you're reading a book and there's that big plot twist that just comes out of nowhere

You know that feeling when you're reading a book and there's that big plot twist that just comes out of nowhere. The one that makes you gasp, covering your mouth with your hand, having to place the book down and look around the room in a trance. Then look back down at the book with excitement that everything had finally been revealed.

That's the feeling that I've been dancing on this entire week. I feel like I'm on cloud 9 as everything fits together. Almost everything. Luca is the first person that I had started bonding with trying to resurface our twin relationship.

We've been having movie nights almost every night staring up late at night. Though he never falls asleep until I do. I find it extremely sweet that he waits for the sole cause of needing the reassurance that I won't be taken again. I hate that he blames himself for it but that is a bridge that we'll cross with baby steps. I know I won't be able to sleep without having a nightmare that would alert them of my past, which I'm not ready to share yet, so I pretend to fall asleep until he leaves and then take a sleeping pill to give myself some sort of energy the next day.

Xavier has been putting in his time to relive all the days missed with as he says 'his specialty'. If pranking was a job, Xavier would be the first in line. We've avoided doing anything on Alejandro, dad and Xander. Leaving Lorenzo, Antonio and Luca as fresh bait. Just a few days ago we put pink dye in their shampoo so they had pink hair for a day. It was very much entertaining to watch them wear a hat the entire day as they glared at us while Xavier and I tried our best to hold in our laughs.

The rest of my time is spent cooking with Lorenzo as he and Antonio tell me embarrassing stories about the boys. When then boys found out they were pissed to say the least yet as the younger children they had no dirt on their older brothers.

Alejandro and dad have been held up most nights at work making little to no time for us to talk. Even though they told me it was for their different restaurants, casinos and extra enterprises, I could tell by the way their eyes drifted away from me that it had to involve work with the mafia. Yet I keep my mouth shut knowing they weren't the only ones keeping secrets.

One person who I haven't said a word to is Xander. Unless you count the few times he's walked past me grumbling something that almost sounds like he's speaking to me. His constant glares and scowls are enough words to know that he holds something against me. The coldness in his eyes reminded me somewhat of Lilith, in the sense that she hated me. Yet Xander's held a certain warmth behind him that I just can't seem to put my finger on.

 Yet Xander's held a certain warmth behind him that I just can't seem to put my finger on