24| No one can help me

After the kids played at the park we all decided to go on a walk by the pier that was nearby

After the kids played at the park we all decided to go on a walk by the pier that was nearby. Right now everyone was ahead while me and Arabella were a little behind. Neither of us said a word as we silently walked side by side. Even the silence with her was nice.

My heart starts to flutter as her hand brushes against mine. I put my hand through Arabella's, but she doesn't pull away. Her small light hand in my larger one. Her hands were as smooth as silk and fitted mine in every way. I squeeze her hand just a little while I'm still looking forward. With my perpetual vision I can see her with a cheeky grin. I finally decide to break the silence as we continue to walk hand in hand.

"So," I drag out.

"So." She gives me a side glance.

"How have you been?" I ask as she gives me a confused look.

"Your acting like we haven't seen each other almost every single day.'' She laughs lightly.

"You haven't exactly been here for the last week, amor.'' I sigh.

"What do you mean? I've been at school every day.'' We both stop walking.

"But you haven't. You were there in person but your mind was somewhere else." She looks at me shocked. "You've been off this entire week. You barely speak to us. You don't eat lunch with us anymore. You just blank out whenever you're at school."

"I don't know what you're talking about." She snaps back going to move her hand away but I tighten my hold pulling her into my chest. She gasps when her head hits my chest.

"Do you really think I haven't noticed? I'm not stupid Arabella. I get that you're closed off. I get that you are scared to talk to someone. I just want to help.'' I kept a tight grip on her so she wouldn't run away. She looks at me with parted lips, her eyes looking sad and defeated.

"No one can help me." She mumbles quietly, her eyes drifting to the ground. My hand reaches under her chin making her look at me.

"I can."

"I can't. Not now at least. I'm sorry." She looks me in the eye as I sigh sadly.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. It's okay. Whenever you're ready.'' She pulls me into a hug with her hands around my neck as she goes on her tippy toes while I bend down slightly my arms wrapping around her waist. Her head lays on my chest while I lay mine on her head. I sigh content.

This is what I want. It's what I need. But it's safe to say that she is hurting. She doesn't need the weight of my problems overweighting hers. It takes all my power to detach myself from her. She gives me a warm smile that I try my best to return. I begin walking again slightly ahead of her until I hear a strained voice.

"Dominic." I immediately stop walking, spinning around to see Arabella holding her head again, stumbling on her feet.

"I don't feel good." That was all she said and her eyes began fluttering closed as she began falling back. I catch her in my arms trying to shake her awake. She doesn't budge as her breathing stays steady. As if she had fallen asleep.