chapter 6

movie stars
🎶 cigarette daydreams - cage the elephant

Izzie groaned from the passenger seat of Steve's car as Carol and Tommy whined on about Steve revisiting Nancy's house

Izzie wasn't too happy about it herself to be fair. However, Steve felt off about his conversation with Nancy. So, she found herself stuck in a car driving to the Wheeler residence.

For the majority of the ride, Izzie found herself gazing off into space. Which was something she did often. She eventually came back to focus whenever the car came to a stop.

"So this is the princess's castle?" Tommy remarked when they arrived at the suburban house.

"I'll be right back." Steve said dryly, stepping out the car.

"I'll bet Steve is going up there to get in her pants one last time before he dumps her." Tommy laughed.

Carol snorted at his remark. "Well at least he can say their relationship was a fairytale. Hump me dump me."

Izzie attempted to stifle her laugh. She loved Steve, and the joke was definitely out of line, but Izzie couldn't help the fact that she was a sucker for crappy jokes.

"Oh Izzie don't giggle." She added. "We all know you're next."

"What are you talking about Carol?" Izzie quipped.

Tommy interjected. "Once Nancy is gone, Steve is going to go running to Izzie. Who else would he go to for a rebound?"

"Seriously Tommy?" She replied. "Are you going to pretend that you are known for denying some quick sex? Because last time I checked my track record is much cleaner than yours."

With that, an awkward silence filled the car until Steve's return.

All attention was turned to Steve when he entered the car with a stern look, indicating it did not go well. "What happened?" Izzie asked.

"She was with Jonathan Byers."

-

In order to cheer Steve up, Izzie had arranged for a shopping day with Carol and Tommy. She had hoped their lack of seriousness would come in handy and lighten the mood.

They had parked Steve's car near an alley behind The Hawk theater so that they could walk freely through the shops.

Carol sighed looking at the rather dry array of stores surrounding her. "I wish we had a shopping mall. Then maybe I could find a decent outfit without going to seven different stores and spending a ton of money."

Izzie nodded. "That would be nice, but that would definitely cause a lot of these smaller shops to close."

"Who cares?" Tommy scoffed. "I would trade these stores for something nicer."