chapter 36

we all love izzie
🎶 moon song - phoebe bridgers

The elevator doors opened and the group rushed out into the fresh air

The elevator doors opened and the group rushed out into the fresh air. Robin took a deep breath. "Oh my gosh that tastes so good!"

"Steve can you taste the air?" Izzie asked, sticking her tongue out to appreciate the change in the air.

While the three were preoccupied with the taste of the air, Dustin and Erica were dealing with the armed men moving towards them. The two moved to push Steve, Izzie, and Robin into the doors entering the mall. "Go! Run!" Dustin pushed.

"Why are we running?!" Steve asked as he was thrown through the doors.

They were running through the service halls of the mall. Dustin had his hands gripping Robin and Izzie's as Erica pulling Steve down the hall. "Where are we going?" The young girl asked.

"Just trust me!" Dustin answered. The five reached the door to the movie theater and Dustin peaked his head in. "All clear." He said.

The group filed in, following Dustin into the theater. On the way, Steve pulled a mostly full bag of popcorn out of the trash can. Izzie saw, and forced him to share. Dustin opened the doors, and before them the new movie Back To The Future was playing in the big screen. Izzie had been asking Steve to take her to see it.

Dustin went down the aisle, finding three empty seats. "You three, sit." He demanded.

"Woah! No, these are too close." Izzie whisper-yelled as she plopped down in between Steve and Robin.

"These seats blow!" Steve protested.

"Then don't watch the movie." He quipped.

"We wanna watch the movie!" Izzie shot back.

"Then watch the movie!" Dustin said a little too loudly, earning a shush from the man behind them. "Whatever you do, don't go anywhere." He instructed.

"Fine dad." Steve sassed, earning snickers from Robin and Izzie. Dustin walked away, and Izzie stuck her hand in for more popcorn. Her hand met Steve's and she smiled. She might have been high, but she was sober enough to appreciate the look in her boyfriend's face.

"I love you." She whispered droopily.

Steve gave her a dorky smile, kissing her. "Hey! Get a room." Robin said for the 100th time.

"Get a room." Izzie mocked as she turned her attention to the movie.

"What's happening?" Robin whispered.

"I have no idea." Izzie answered with a mouth full of popcorn. The three watched the movie for awhile, but eventually Izzie got thirsty. "Steve." She whined.

"What." He whispered.

"The popcorn is making me thirsty." She complained.

Robin had a bright idea. "Let's go get water at the fountains!" She suggested, earning another shush. Izzie shushed back at him as she stood up with the other two to go get water.