chapter 47

i'm dad
🎶 begin again - taylor swift (tv)

The teens now sat with Nancy next to Eddie's trailer explaining what they knew and how that applied to the newest victim, Fred

The teens now sat with Nancy next to Eddie's trailer explaining what they knew and how that applied to the newest victim, Fred. "So you're saying this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the upside down?"

"If the shoe fits." Blair nodded.

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell, or a curse. Now whether or not he's doing the bidding of the mind flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know." Dustin explained.

"All we know is that this is something different. Something new." Max added.

"It's doesn't make any sense." Nancy said.

"It's only a theory." The younger boy replied.

She shook her head. "No. Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?"

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place?" Izzie suggested. "They were both at Lucas' game."

"And near the trailer park." Max said.

"We're at the trailer park." Steve remarked. "Uh, should we maybe not be here?"

"There is something about this place." Nancy agreed. "Fred started acting weird the second we got here."

Robin chimed in. "Acting weird as in?"

"Scared, on edge, upset." She explained.

"Max said Chrissy seemed upset too." Victorie said.

"Yeah but not here." Max replied. "She was crying in the bathroom, at school."

"Serial killers stalk their prey before they strike." Robin said. "Right? So maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman-"

"Vecna." Dustin corrected.

"Yeah but if I had saw some creepy wizard man I would have mentioned it to somebody." Steve sighed.

"Maybe they did." Max responded. "I saw Chrissy leaving Miss Kelly's office. If you saw a monster you wouldn't go to the police, they'd never believe you, but you might go to your-"

"Your shrink." Robin finished. The younger girl nodded in reply.

All the teens moved towards Steve's car after devising a plan to figure out the connection between Fred and Chrissy. Izzie noticed Nancy breaking off from the group and spoke up. "Wheeler! Where are you going?"

"Uh there's just something I wanna check on first." She answered.

"Something you maybe wanna share with the rest of us?" Dustin questioned.

"I don't wanna waste your time, it's a real shot in the dark." Nancy replied.

"Yeah, ok." The blonde scoffed. "Are you out of your mind? Running of on your own with this evil wizard dude on the loose? I don't think so. Someone has to go with her."