chapter 15

hawkins' most sought after bachelor
🎶 1 step forward, 3 steps back - olivia rodrigo

Izzie and Blair groaned as they each dropped buckets filled with raw meat next to the trunk of Steve's car

Izzie and Blair groaned as they each dropped buckets filled with raw meat next to the trunk of Steve's car. "That's disgusting." Izzie gagged.

"Dustin!" A voice called from Dustin's walkie talkie.

"Now you want to answer?" He asked.

"I'm sorry." The voice apologized. " My stupid sister turned it off."

"Well while you were having sister problems, Dart grew. Then he escaped. And now I'm pretty sure he's a tiny demogorgan."

Izzie tuned out the boys conversation, turning to Blair. "I cannot believe I have to deal with this all over again."

"All over again? Imagine moving to a random small town then finding out there are baby monsters crawling around in the garbage."

"I would pack my bags and move right back to New York." The blonde smiled.

"Well I'm going back the minute senior year is over." The girl responded. "You should consider coming with me."

"I don't know. My heart has always been set on Berkeley." Izzie sighed.

"Well, I have been dead set on NYU since the day my dad brought home a crewneck from the gift shop for me. He went there for college, and that school seems to be the only thing we agree on."

"Hey! Princesses!" Steve called. "Let's go." The boy shut the trunk, gesturing for Dustin to get into the car.

"Just be there!" Dustin fussed into his walkie talkie. "Over and out."

The five kids piled into Steve's car, Dustin in the front and the three girls in the back.

"Hey, geniuses." Izzie groaned. "Can you at least put on the ac?"

-

The teens were walking down an old train track, apparently Dustin had been this route before. Last year.

Izzie squirmed at the meat in her bucket. She had barely dropped any of it, not wanting to touch it.

Dustin had tried to explain to Steve how Dart had come about, and why Dustin kept him around. "Let me get this straight." Steve said. "You kept something you knew was probably dangerous, in order to impress a girl, who you just met?"

"Yes. He did." Victorie butted in.

"That is grossly over simplifying things." Dustin corrected.

"Why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Blair asked.

"An inter-dimensional slug, because it's awesome?" Dustin replied.

"Yeah. Totally awesome, in a kill us all and kidnap children kind of way." Izzie quipped.