chapter 10

happy birthday
🎶 little freak - harry styles

  happy birthday🎶 little freak - harry styles

Izzie had never really enjoyed school. And, logically, she didn't want to attend school on days that were already hard.

Her parents had always been extra lenient throughout her month of October. Assuming that any wrong move they made would send their daughter into a grief driven depression.

So they gave her anything and everything she deemed necessary to stay happy during that time. She had previously gone to school on Halloween, but she wasn't following tradition this year. Besides, she needed some extra sleep.

Izzie has fallen asleep while watching the TV, and it was 4:00 by the time she had woken back up. It was likely that she would still be sleeping if it weren't for the phone ringing.

She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey Izz." A familiar voice came from the other side.

"Steve, hey." She replied.

"Uhm, I was just calling because you weren't at school. And I, uh, I just wanted to know that you were okay." The boy continued.

"Yeah. I'm okay. Just didn't really want to go. But you'll see me tonight at Tina's." She assured.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot you were going. What time should I pick you up?"

"I mean I could drive myself Steve."

"Yeah, Izz you may have a license but I still don't trust you as a driver." Steve chuckled. "Besides, someone has to drive you home when you drink too much." He persisted.

Izzie sighed. "Fine. Just meet me here at seven."

"See you at seven Izz." The boy said as he was about to hang up the phone. He was extremely worried about how the night would play out. Izzie was bound to go off the rails. He could only hope he would be there to protect her. Izzie was head strong, and Steve couldn't stop her from doing something her heart was set on.

"Wait, before you hang up." He added.

"What?" She asked.

"Happy Birthday."

Swallowing tears, she replied. "Thanks Steve."

-

By the time seven had rolled around, Steve and Nancy were at Izzie's ready to take her to the party.

The blonde girl appeared, wearing a short black dress and a witch hat along with her over worn black converse. Izzie smiled and waved as she made her way down the driveway, ignoring the shivers coming over her.

"Nice costume Izz. A witch." Nancy smiled. "A little skimpy though don't you think?"

"Izzie you're going to freeze." Steve added.

"I'll be fine, I've got," Izzie paused, motioning to the sheer black tights under her dress. "whatever these are."

"Oh yeah. That'll work some real magic." Steve nodded as she stepped into the car.

"Oh shut up and drive." The blonde groaned.

When the three teens arrived at the party, Izzie found herself separated from the other two. She was not going to spend the night as a third wheel, she was here for a good time.

Walking in to the party, she bumped into a shorter redhead. "Oh my gosh I'm sorry." Izzie quickly said.

The girl smiled. "No worries. My drink didn't spill so we don't really have a problem."

Izzie chuckled. "I don't think we've met. I'm Izzie." She said extending her hand.

"Blair." She responded, returning the favor. "You probably haven't met me. I just moved here from New York."

"Oh that's cool I've always wanted to visit." The blonde smiled.

"Yeah it's a great city. It's definitely been an adjustment."

Izzie could sense the girl was lonely just through the look on her face. Moving to a new town isn't fun. If it weren't for Steve and Carol, Izzie would have been miserable."Well my friend Steve is over with his girlfriend and I'm kind of alone, so if you want to stick with me I'd like that."

"That sounds great." Blair smiled as they walked in together.

Walking into the kitchen Izzie smiled widely. "The signature Hawkins High punch."

"What's in it?" The redhead asked, looking into the bowl.

"Only God knows." Izzie chuckled, taking two cups. She handed one to Blair and smiled. "Cheers."

Blair hesitated, not sure of what was even in the punch. But she figured, she hated her life anyway. "Cheers."

The two girls brought the cups to their lips, the first sip of many for Izzie.

After a couple of drinks and a little dancing the pair of girls had made their way outside, enticed after hearing all the chanting. "What's he doing?" Blair asked.

"Seriously?" Izzie laughed. "They're doing keg stands. That's like, an American high school tradition. New York is still in America right?" The girl added, slightly tipsy. "My best friend Steve happens to hold the record."

"Yes, New York is in America." She laughed. "Who's he?" Blair asked, gesturing to the blonde boy currently on the keg.

"I don't know." The blonde responded. "He's new."

"He's hot." The redhead smirked.

"Well go for it." She smiled, nudging her shoulder as he came down from the keg. "He won't be single for long."

"Are you sure?" Blair asked, slight nervous.

"Well he's not my type, so I'm not going to. But he's still good looking. Go for it."

As the boy was standing with Tommy, Blair approached them. Izzie had to applaud her, that was brave.

"Hello." Blair smiled, glancing down at his undeniable abs.

The boy turned and smiled at the girl. "Well hello." He smiled. "Like the view?" He asked, noticing the girl was not making eye contact with him.

Blair fixed her gaze onto his face. "Not a chance."

"Can I get a name little red?" The blonde asked.

"Blair." She nodded.

"Billy." He smirked, and Tommy pulled him away into the house.

-
this chapter and the next chapter were going to be released as one, but my family and I were heading back home from evacuation.