blair's letters

blair's letters
🎶 dear reader - taylor swift

 blair's letters🎶 dear reader - taylor swift

To Victorie:

My dorky little sister. There's so much I want to tell you. So much advice I want to give you. I want you to grow up and be able to ask me things and I want to be able to have that sisterly wisdom to give to you, even though we both know you've always been smarter than me.

I love you, I know we have that bad habit of saying the opposite, but just know, I'll never really mean it when I say I hate you in a fight.

If I could leave you any information you don't already know, I'll just write it here. Fall in love. Don't be scared that you might get heart broken, live and love fearlessly. Don't forget to voice that love, voice all of your emotions. It was something that I've never been good at, it's one of my regrets. I don't want you to have regrets.

Please don't regret things you've said to me. I know that you love me, so don't spend you're days wishing you had said it more.

You're never alone, Torie. I don't know where I'll end up. However, I truly believe wherever that is, I'll be able to watch you. I'll leave you a sign, when I get there. Maybe a black cat, I've always liked them. Remember the one that used to live with us? Maybe we'll be together, and we'll send you and dad a new cat to keep you company.

Speaking of dad, I didn't leave him a letter. I know I should, but I don't want him to think I did this to myself, and I don't want him to think it was his fault. So, just tell him I love him, okay? Also, make sure to tell him he looks nice in his ties. He cares about our opinions.

I love you Torie, and I really hope you never have to read this letter.

- Blair

To Izzie:

I know that we don't talk as much as we used to, and I know that's my fault. I wish I had sent you more letters. I guess I just wanted to pretend Hawkins didn't exist. I'm not sure.

I really want to thank you, for how you are with Torie. You're so good with her, really, all of the kids. You're more than the babysitter, Izz. Those kids adore you.

You know what losing a big sister is like, so I really hope that you will be there for Torie. I still want her to have a big sister she can go to for advice or help. Please, be that for her. You've already done a better job than I ever had.

There's no one else I would want to be that for her. I trust you, I know that I'm leaving my sister in good hands with you.

Teach her how to love the way you do. Unconditionally, and passionately. I want her to have a love like you and Steve. Don't let her date some loser, I'm serious. She deserves someone caring. So maybe make sure she dates a today Steve, not a high school Steve, okay? Don't tell Steve I said that, I know he still thinks high school was his glory days. Oh, also make her go to events and parties. I don't want her spending all of high school in her room.

Enough about Torie. You have a habit of running to help your friends rather than yourself. Please, please don't anchor yourself to Hawkins. I want you to go through with your plan. Move Steve to California. Build your family, everyone knows you and Steve are meant to be parents. I'll visit you in your beach house. Maybe not in person, but I'll be there. The waves, the air, the sand, I'll be there.

I'll always be there for you.

-Blair