a very stizzie christmas

December 24, 1984
🎶 happy christmas (war is over) - john lennon

December 24, 1984🎶 happy christmas (war is over) - john lennon

"Steve?" Izzie said, walking into his home. "I'm here!"

Steve smiled as he heard Izzie's voice, running down the stairs. "Okay! Close your eyes!" He smiled as he saw her.

"Excuse you?" Izzie teased.

"What?" Steve sighed. Izzie shook her head and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

"At least tell me hello."

Steve blushed, kissing her again quickly. "Okay now close your eyes." The boy had been nervous all day. He was doing the cheesiest thing he had ever done in his life, seriously, Dustin would never let him forget about this. But truthfully, he'd deal with it to make her smile.

"Where are we going?" Izzie giggled, slightly tripping over one of the steps on the stairs as Steve guided her up.

"You'll see." He said, holding her waist to make sure she didn't fall. He was suppressing storms of butterflies as he opened the door to his room and placed her at the perfect angle. "Okay." He smiled. "Open your eyes."

Izzie removed her hands from her eyes and was met with the sight of Steve's room all made up with blankets and chocolates and movies. Izzie grinned and turned to look her boyfriend. "What is this?"

"It's your Christmas gift." He proudly smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "It took me all day so you better appreciate it." He laughed softly.

"I love it." She assured, kissing him softly. "My gift is hardly as good."

"Well this is only part of it. I know you love to rip the gift open, so I wrapped one for you."

"Steve that's too much, really." She replied.

"No it's not." He persisted. "It's small I promise."

"Okay." She smiled.

"Come on." Steve said, grabbing her hand. "I want you to open it." He handed her a small box wrapped in red.

She unwrapped it, and opened the black box inside to see a gold necklace with a small 's' in the middle.

"Before you say anything." Steve said. "I wanted to get you the I, but Dustin gave this big speech in the store about how it should be an S because it's like carrying me around with you everywhere. And it sounds really dorky, but the kid wouldn't give it up."

"Steve you don't need to defend yourself. It's perfect." Izzie insisted. "My gift isn't as nice, but when I was listing out my ideas, Victorie and Blair both agreed this was the most personal."

"Well if Victorie and Blair agreed is has to be good." Steve laughed.

Izzie pulled out a small gift wrapped in green from her bag, handing it to Steve. He unwrapped it and found a cassette labeled steve and izzie volume 1. "It has all of our favorite songs. And I labeled it volume one, because maybe one day we'll have new favorite songs and new favorite memories. Then I could make you another one."

He looked at her with loving eyes and kissed her cheek. "Thank you Izzie." It really was perfect, maybe she would never know just how perfect she was, but he knew. "Let's watch a movie." He said as he pulled her into the bed, giving her some blankets.

"I never knew Steve Harrington was such a softie." She teased, settling onto him.

Steve rolled his eyes at her, but continued to cuddle up against her. Because the truth is, he was a softie. He was soft and melted and gooey and in love. The kind of love that makes your knees go weak and your stomach turn in knots.

Eventually, the two fell asleep on one another, and they hadn't woken up until a loud sound came from the movie and jolted Izzie awake. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, her lips softly upturned at the sight of Steve sound asleep, arms still loosely around her waist.

She looked out his window, to see that it was snowing. She hated to wake him when he looked so utterly peaceful, but she wanted nothing more than to go out in the snow. "Steve?" She said softly, but he was still deeply sleeping. As Izzie sat impatiently, she thought of the only thing that could always catch Steve's attention without fail. Awake or not. She placed a hand on his cheek, and lowered her head to plant a kiss on his lips. After a few seconds, she felt him begin to kiss her back. She withdrew, and slightly laughed. "Finally."

His eyes fluttered open, and he flipped his head back against the pillow. "What do you need love?"

"Get up sleeping beauty." She persisted. "It's snowing!"

He sat up, running his hands through his hair. "So I'm assuming you want me to take you outside?"

"Pretty please?" She responded, looking up at him with pleading eyes.

The boy sighed. "Go get a jacket."

She grinned and placed a kiss at the corner of his lips before getting up and heading to his closet. She pulled out his navy jacket and pulled it over her sweater, the sleeves slightly hanging below her hands.

The boy put on his shoes and his coat, and took the girls hand. She rushed him down the stairs, running out of the back door into the snow.

"I'm freezing my ass of." He complained.

"But it's fun!" Izzie beamed.

He was freezing, but if it made her smile that wide, he didn't care. He smirked as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Warmer?" She asked.

"My lips are still a little cold love." He teased.

"You're so such a dork." She sighed, stepping up on her tips toes and kissing him deeply, the snow falling around them as if it was there just to complete this moment.

This was when Izzie knew, she would never love like this ever again.