chapter 52

he's here
🎶 glitch - taylor swift

It was an early morning, and the still basement was a strange sight to see given the circumstances

It was an early morning, and the still basement was a strange sight to see given the circumstances. It almost looked like a normal friendly sleepover. Robin and Lucas had sleeping bags, Victorie and Blair were sharing an air mattress on the ground, and Izzie and Steve were wntang

Izzie was woken by a harsh shake to her arm. "Hey, lovebirds! Up and at 'em! We got shit to do." Dustin fussed.

Izzie rubbed at her eyes, trying to focus them. "What the hell, Dust?"

"We gotta go." He said, forcing Blair and Victorie out of bed.

Blair sat up with an angry expression. "Where?"

Nancy turned from waking Robin and Lucas. "Max was drawing these pictures, trying to show us what she had seen. At first they didn't make much sense, but I pieced them together and I saw it."

"Saw what?" Blair asked.

"It's the Creel house." She answered.

Izzie and Steve exchanged a look before turning back to the others. "I'll get the keys." Steve sighed.

-

"This isn't creepy at all," Izzie huffed as she walked up the steps toward the Creel house. It's dark blue and white paint was covered in dirk and overgrown grass that just made the place look like a haunted house, but now, Izzie figured, it was.

"I mean, what exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shit hole?" Steve asked as he and Nancy tore the nails off of the board covering the front door. Izzie stood behind him with her arms crossed, annoyed at his over-protective tendencies. He would even let her near the door.

"We're not sure," Nancy answered. "We just know this house is important to Vecna."

"Because Max saw it in Vecna's red mind world?" Steve questioned.

"Basically," Nancy nodded.

"Maybe there's a clue to where Vecna is," Dustin suggested. "Why he's back, why he killed the Creels, and how to stop him before he comes back for Max."

"We don't think he's in here, do we?" Lucas asked.

"I guess we'll find out," Max replied as Steve pulled off the last nail.

They let go of the wood and almost immediately after the stained glass window appeared in front of Blair, she heard it; a voice. Clear as day, calling out to her. "Blair," it called. "You should know better."

Her mind snapped to the shaking of the door knob. "It's locked," Steve sighed. "Should I knock? See if anybody's home?"

"No need," Robin said, holding up a brick. "I found a key."