chapter 20

babysitters club
🎶 enchanted - taylor swift

 babysitters club🎶 enchanted - taylor swift

"It's not like it was before." Hopper said as everyone squeezed around the table. "I mean that's considering we can get in there, the place is crawling with those dogs."

"Demodogs." Dustin corrected. Izzie rubbed her temples from stress. Did he really think that this was the right time for that?

"I'm sorry what?" The chief replied.

"I said demodogs. Like demogorgan and dogs. Like, you put them together it sounds pretty badass." The young boy said.

"How is this important right now?" The chief asked.

"It's not I'm sorry." The boy retreated.

"I can do it." Eleven said, referring to closing the gate.

"You're not hearing me." The chief shook his head.

"I'm hearing you. I can do it." The girl persisted.

"Even if El can, there's still another problem. If the brain dies, the body dies." Mike argued.

"I thought that was the whole point." Max said.

"It is but if we're really right about this, if El closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army-

"Will is apart of that army." Lucas said.

"Will dies too." Izzie realized.

"Closing the gate will kill him." Mike added. The room fell silent. For every forward step, they were pushed back three. Joyce stood up, walking to her son's room.

Everyone followed, not wanting to miss anything. "He likes it cold." Joyce said.

"What?" The chief replied.

"That's what Will kept saying to me." The older woman remembered. "He likes it cold." She went to the window, shutting it. "We keep giving it what it wants."

Nancy and Jonathan began to put the pieces together. "If this is a virus, and Will's the host, then.."

"We need to make the host uninhabitable." The boy finished.

Izzie began to form an idea. "So if he likes it cold?"

"We need to burn it out of him." Joyce said.

Victorie shook her head. "How do we do that if he'll just send those monsters after us when he wakes up?"

"We have to do it somewhere he has never been this time." Mike answered.

"Yeah, somewhere far away." Dustin agreed.

Hopper spoke up. "I know a place, we need to get him in the car." Joyce nodded as Hopper picked up Will, carrying him out the door.