chapter 45

vecna's curse
🎶 exile - taylor swift ft. bon iver

The teens drove down a dark road to, what Izzie assumed to be, Reefer Rick's house

The teens drove down a dark road to, what Izzie assumed to be, Reefer Rick's house. As the group walked up to the porch with their flashlights, Izzie grew nervous. She hadn't seen Eddie in a long time, and they hadn't left things in the best terms. However, when Dustin rang the doorbell, there was no answer. That wasn't shocking, considering he was on the run from police.

As Dustin started ringing the bell and banging on the door Steve sighed. "Alright, I guess that settles it, he's not here."

"Eddie!" It's Dustin!" The younger boy yelled, ignoring Steve. "I just wanna talk! Okay? No cops, I swear. I just wanna help!" He stopped to bang on the door once again. "Eddie!"

"Dust, he's not going to answer the door." Izzie said, trying to convince him to stop.

"Rick!" He called. "Reefer Rick!"

"Don't scream that." Steve scolded.

Dustin rolled his eyes, banging on the door again. "Rick!"

"Stop screaming." Izzie instructed.

"He's not in there." Steve sighed.

"Reefer Rick!" He yelled again. Turning to the couple, he sighed. "You think he's just really high?"

"No, I think he's really hiding." Izzie sassed.

Dustin began peering through the window for any sign of Eddie, or life for that matter. "Is that a foot?"

Steve shook his head. "No, it's just a shoe."

Izzie hadn't even noticed Max and Victorie wandering off until Max called out to them. "Hey, guys!" The rest of the teens walked over to see the two pointing their flashlights at a shed behind the house.

The group moved closer to the shed in search of Eddie. Izzie was scared to see him, if she was being honest. She hadn't talked to him in years, and Steve didn't know about their past friendship at all until that day when Izzie confessed to smoking a little.

Robin went first, carefully pushing open the door. "Hello? Is anyone home?" Izzie clung close to Steve as they all filed into the shed.

She raised an eyebrow as she watched Steve grab an oar off the wall and walk towards the small boat in the middle of the room. "Going for a night time cruise?"

Steve shushed her and harshly shoved the oar into the boat. "What are you doing?" Dustin whisper-yelled.

"He might be in here." Steve replied as he continually hit the boat.

"So take the tarp off!" Dustin said.

"If you're so brave you take the tarp off!" The older boy quipped.

Steve had to of whacked every inch of that boat by the time Izzie had enough. "Harrington, that's enough he's not in there." She fussed, taking the oar from him.