don't look

Camila's POV

Waking up with Lauren by my side is on my top 3 best feelings in the world.

- Stop staring

She smiled with her eyes still closed.

- I'm not

She opened one of her eyes then closed it fast.

- Caught you

I came closer and kissed her cheek three times, trying to wake her up for good.

- Let's get out of bed?

- No

She turned to the other side, determined to sleep a little more.

- I need to go downtown, my first show is in two days

She didn't answer, so I got up and went to the bathroom. When I got out she was sitting on the bed, full dressed.

- Can I come with you?

- Sure

...

- It's on the left

Lauren told me the way like I've never been driving around here before. We just left my stylist's office and now we are going to Lauren's parents.

- Are you excited about touring?

She was looking at me and I was looking at the road. I think now that I did the last fit on my stage clothes things became too real.

- I'm excited to see the fans singing my news songs. And I'm definitely excited about meeting them and doing my best to give them the perfect night

- But...?

I took a deep breath before answering.

- But the road, the airports, the two months away... I don't know

The car was silent. Lauren didn't answer, she didn't have to. I'll be out again, this time longer than before.

- Camz, you love what you do. You love writing songs, producing and you love singing. You love your fans and you definitely love to share your songs with them

I stopped in front of Clara's and looked at Lauren as she continued.

- I know it's terrifying and I know it can get really tiring, but I also know you'll do your best

- Thank you, cariño. I just wanted to slow down sometimes, but you're right. I'm sure I'll enjoy it

Michael was waiting on the front door, so we got out of the car.

...

- Please honey, I'll do it

Clara was insisting on doing the dishes after I volunteered.

- But...

- It's a beautiful day, go

She pointed to the pool area where Lauren was, so I walked there.

- She didn't let you, did she?

Lauren asked when I got closer to her.

- No

- I told you so

I sat next to her trying to not get wet. She just got out of the pool.

- You sure you dont want to come in? I can lend you bikinis

- Yeah, I'm sure. I think I'll go to my mom's to say hello, then I come back and pick you up. What you think?

She nodded and then kissed me with her wet lips making my heart beat faster again. I'll never get used to this.

- Okay. So what are we doing on your last night in Miami?

- I don't know, let's see

...

Lauren's POV

Camz: my mom misses you more than she misses me

I finished brushing my hair and sat on my bed to answer Camila's text. I just had a shower after staying at the pool for an hour or two.

Me: I miss her too

I didn't have to wait long for her to answer.

Camz: finally, I thought you were dead

I'm not a phone person, everybody knows that.

Me: sorry, just got out of the shower

Camz: wanna go to the beach?

I looked at the window to confirm we have time until sunset.

Me: yeah, sure

...

- I don't think that's a valid argument

Camila was trying to convince me to show her the songs I wrote.

- But you keep pushing your album away, I'll never listen to it

- You didn't show me yours, why should I?

- You've heard mine

Her hair was flying with the wind, I was a little cold but it was too nice to leave.

- Yeah because you launched it

- Now that's exactly my point

I laughed at the way she said it, then it was silent for a minute.

- I have some decisions to make before giving it to the world

- Like what?

I started to enumerate to myself. First, I need to figure out if I'll stay in LA. If I won't, then am I going back to Miami? Am I going to New York? And about touring, am I really gonna kill myself again doing shows every night for 3 months?

- Like a lot of things

Camila took my hand to her lips and kissed it. She can be so cute when she wants to.

- You think too much

I looked at our hands together. Our RIO tattoos linking us forever, this beach we've been so many times since we were kids, this sunset that never looks the same... it's always so magical when I'm with Camila.

- Okay, don't look to your right

That's precisely what you don't say to someone when you dont want them to look. Of course I'm gonna look.

- Don't!

It was too late. Lucy Vives was there, and she stared at me too.