we have to do it together

Camila's POV

When we got home my mom gave a soup to eat, that she made earlier. Only when I was already on my room Lauren came.

- Hey Camz, how are you feeling?

She was going to sit on the chair, but I pointed to the bed, close to me.

- I'm better... a little weak, but getting better. Where were you?

- I went to my mom's to get some clothes. I'm staying here for a while, if you don't mind

For the first time on these past few days I gave a honest smile.

- Of course you can stay, I'd love it

Lauren lay down and I did the same, and I kept staring at her beautiful eyes for a while. At some point her mouth got my attention and that was it, I was lost. A crazy desire taking my whole body, I want to kiss her so badly...

How am I supposed to stay away from these eyes? How can I look at this woman and not have the need to feel her touch? I really think I have to stay on my own for some time, figure out my shit, and only then get romantically involved with someone, but how can I do that when her skin is so close to mine and all I want is to get closer?

- So... you have so sleep a bit, right? - she asked, ending the silence.

- Yes, I'll take a shower first

- Okay

Lauren's POV

Camila went to the bathroom and I put my pajamas, then went back to the bed. I unlocked my phone and text Alexa to let her know we're fine, then opened twitter. I couldn't resist it.

They know Camila was on the hospital and they know I came. To me that's fine, I don't give a shit, I have more important things to think about... like this relationship with Camila.

I don't know how I feel right now. I have feelings for her, that's obvious, but I wonder if this is working. It's been less than a month since our first kiss and look where we are. To be honest I feel like a teenager sometimes because this is the most confuse time of my life, I feel like I have my hands tied.

And then Camila comes out of the bathroom wearing a penguin pajamas and I feel these butterflies on my stomach, like I'm 15. I swear, if this was happening with anybody else I would simply walk away, but with Camila I can't. It doesn't matter how hard I try.

- What are you thinking? - she asked laying by my side.

I took a deep breath before answering.

- Thinking about us...

She was staring at me, paying attention.

- Me too...

- But we should talk about this tomorrow, now you have to rest

I turned down the lights and went back to the bed, holding Camila on my arms carefully. Only a few minutes later she fell sleep, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

...

Camila's POV

I woke up with the sun coming into the room... forgot to close the window last night. My body was still hurting a little, especially where I hit when I passed out.

Lauren was sleeping by my side with her arm over me. She's so beautiful I can't stop looking...

A few minutes later she woke up, looking back at me with her emerald eyes.

- Good morning, Lo

- Good morning... how you feeling?

- I'm okay. Getting better

- I'll take a shower real fast and then we can go have breakfast

- Okay

She gave me a kiss on my cheek and went to the bathroom. I got my phone and opened whatsapp, I had messages from Dinah, Ally and even Normani wishing me well... I definitely didn't expect this. It's good to know things are working out.

...

Lauren and I were sitting on the couch watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Well, she was watching it, I was watching her. How her hair falls on her shoulders perfectly, how she bites her lips on suspense scenes, how she can't stop moving her legs when she's nervous...

- Stop staring - she said and then looked at me - I can feel it

- Sorry... you're just more interesting than the movie

She smiled to me, making me feel tempted to kiss her...

- We need to talk

I can't wait any longer. I have to know what's going on.

- Okay...

- Lauren, I'm sorry about what happened. When the photos were out I acted like a child... I panicked. I should have talked to you first. I'm sorry

I was being honest. Now I can see that I could've dealt with it in a better way, but when it happened I just wanted to leave Lauren out.

- Camz... I think we have to understand that if we are really doing this... you know, this relationship, we'll have to deal with the press at some point. We are in this exposed life since we were teenagers and there's no other choice

- You're right

I sat closer to her, paying attention to every word.

- So we have to do it together. You know they'll stay even closer due to the fact that we're both women... and if you want to do this, you're gonna have to trust me. I am not that insecure girl you met, I can handle it

She's right. She turned into an amazing woman and I'm lucky to have the chance to know her again. I can't mess that up.

- I promise I'll trust you and I won't ever do something like that again

I was looking at her eyes, making sure she knows I'm saying the truth. I want to be with her. I want.

She got closer and touched my face, then finally gave me the kiss I've been desiring. A calm, slow kiss. Like we have all the time on the world.

- Don't mind me, I'm leaving

Sofi interrupted passing through the room. Lauren's cheeks turned immediately red, making me laugh. Oh my god, I missed this.