can we go?

Camila's POV

Luis looks just like ten years ago, only a little older. He was sitting there, laughing and drinking beer like he knows the place very well. When he saw Lauren he got up to say hi in this warm way brazilians do, with a hug and everything. I nodded and said hi to him and everybody else, sitting on an empty chair and waiting for Lauren to sit by my side.

Let me just clear some things out, I am not jealous. This is not about this. The problem is, Luis and I had an ugly argue some days before Lauren broke up with him, because I always thought he treated her bad and couldn't keep my mouth shut about it.

Lauren sat by my side, in front of Luis, and came closer to me, talking loud because of the music.

- Everything okay?

I just gave her a look and she got what I wanted to say, which was something like WHAT THE HELL WOMAN WHAT IS HE DOING HERE???

- Can we try to have fun? - she insisted.

- Yes, we definitely will have fun

A waitress came to our table and Luis talked to her, smiling big like he's almost drunk already.

- I asked caipirinhas for you both, hope you still like it Lauren!

He was avoiding to look at me.

- Yeah, sure - Lauren nodded and they started to chat about brazilian stuff I don't know.

- Camila - Maria called from the other side of the table - So what you're thinking of Rio so far?

- It's been amazing! Everything is so beautiful and everyone's very welcoming

We talked for a few minutes until our caipirinhas arrived. I looked closely at mine, it's basically lemon, vodka and a little sugar.

- Cheers to this unexpected reunion! - Luis said calling Lauren's attention again.

I drank the whole thing at once and immediately regretted it, I wasn't expecting it to be so strong. The vodka went down burning my throat, but I pretended it was all fine. Lauren was staring at me a little worried.

- You may want to go slow, Camz

- It's okay, don't worry

Luis called her one more time and she turned her attention on him. Behind him the Arcos da Lapa were beautifully built, reminding me I'm in Rio de Janeiro and I shouldn't let anyone piss me off.

...

We've been here for three, maybe four hours. This is probably the 3rd caipirinha I drank tonight, and I'm not counting the beers.

- So yeah, I've been almost married, but didn't work out

Luis was talking about his last relationship. He didn't stop talking about himself for a fucking second tonight, now I remember why I never liked him.