rio de janeiro

Camila's POV

- Okay I'm dying

Lauren was making some drama because this is a very hot city.

- Alright, help me out here

She got up and tied my bikini, but not before kissing my shoulders.

- Can we go, please?

- Yes, cariño

I followed her to the door and then to the elevator. We already had breakfast here at the hotel and now we are going to the beach.

- Is everybody looking at us or am I crazy? - I asked Lauren when we found a place to sit at the sand.

She looked around for a second.

- Yeah, guess it's pretty clear we are not from here

- That's on you - I said - for being so white

- Oh right, because you're super tanned

I showed her my tongue and she laughed.

- Do it again and I'll have to kiss you

Just because she dared me I did it again, and before I could run she put her lips on mines.

- I thought you were joking

I was laughing when I realized she was staring at me.

- What?

- You are beautiful, that's all

I felt my cheeks getting immediately red, so I tried to change the subject.

- Wanna get into the water?

- Yes, please

We walked fast because the sand was hot, until we finally felt the cold water on our feet. Lauren went a little further to swim and I stayed where my feet could touch the ground.

- Come here - she asked.

- I'm good here

The waves were calm and at this point that's all we could hear, the sea's noise. Lauren came closer to me and put her arms around me, keeping me close.

- Did you ever imagine we'd be here together, after all this time?

Her intense green eyes were looking directly into mine, making me feel like these butterflies that just never leave.

- No, never. But I'm so thankful we are

- Me too

Then she looked up at the sky and before I could answer, she yelled:

- Thank you, Universe!

- Lauren!

I laughed at her laugh, like two kids playing together.

- Sorry, had to put it out

I put my hands on her face, enjoying that she's so close to me. Enjoying our freedom, finally. Slowly I gave her a salty kiss, promising myself to remember this moment forever.

After a few minutes we went back to the sand and stayed there until we felt hungry.

- Alexa told me about this place where we can have lunch - Lauren said as we crossed the street to the hotel.

- Okay, let's just take a bath

...

- Lo, come on

I was waiting for Lauren to pick something to wear. I was actually trying hard not to lose my patience because we've been here for a while.

- Okay, what about this one?