nothing we've never seen before lol

Lauren's POV

The neighborhood was playing on the radio but I couldn't sing, I was too busy thinking about Camila. We spent the whole day together and it feels like 10 minutes.

It was almost 9 pm when I parked my car in front of my parent's house. When I got inside the living room was empty, so I went to the kitchen. Taylor was there by herself. She pointed to the clock when I looked at her.

- It's a bit late, isn't it?

- I am the oldest sister, not you

- You heard the news?

She asked serious, which made me feel a little worried.

-No, what is it?

- See it for yourself... it's all over Twitter.

She handed me her cellphone, it was open on twitter... and my body went completely frozen.

- What the hell..? - I said unable to believe what I was seeing. A lot of photos, on every possible angle, of Camila and I today. On the ice cream shop, on the beach, on my car.

- Everybody's talking about it. - Taylor said after a few minutes and I gave back her phone.

- I need to go

I went upstairs and searched my phone that I left home. When I finally found it I had a lot of notifications, but I ignored it all and opened Camila's chat.

Camz: "Lauren, please don't open twitter before talking to me"

Well, too late.

Me: "I just saw it"

Typing...

Camz: "I don't know what to say... I know you hate all that exposing"

Me: "Camila, I am only worried about your relationship. You know the fans can make it looks romantic"

The 5H BITCHESSS group chat had 30 notifications. I opened it and the girls were crazy about the photos.

Mani: "LAUREN WHAT THE HELL"

*5 photos*

DJ: "?????? When was that?"

Mani: "Today!!!!!!!"

Ally: "LAUREN JAUREGUI YOU HAVE A LOT TO EXPLAIN"

I didn't even read the other messages, just started typing.

Me: "Calm down. I've been seeing Camila on the past few days, I was going to tell you"

DJ: "Seeing like SEEING?"

Mani: "Date seeing?"

Me: "What? No! I saw her randomly on mcdonalds last Sunday, and she came to my parents house on Monday. She wanted to talk, to apologize for the whole drama"

Ally: "Well, you seem pretty close!"

*photo*

Ally send another pic, it was Camila and I sitting on the beach, looking at each other. It's actually a nice photo.

Me: "She asked me to give a chance to our friendship. She misses us, girls"

DJ: "I know who she misses..."

Mani: "You may have forgiven her, but I won't. You forget things so fast, Lauren! Only us and God knows how you cried that night!"

Me: "I'm not asking you to forgive her, you have the right not to. But I did. And I'm happy I did because I took a weight out of my shoulders and she's actually trying. I swear, it felt so great to be with her today."

I opened again Camila's chat, she has answered me.

Camz: "Don't worry about Shawn. I'm sorry this is happening..."

Me: "Camila, really, this is not like before. I don't care about this kinda thing anymore. Our fans are happy we're back talking and so am I.

About the camren stuff, it's nothing we've never seen before lol"

Camila's POV

Lauren's reaction was a surprise for me. She was actually okay with it.

Me: "Well, the photos actually look cute"

Lolo: "Yeah, I loved the beach ones. Still hate the lack of privacy tho. Anyway, don't worry okay? :)"

I opened Shawn's chat.

Shawn: "You're trending lol

Now I know why you didn't pick up my calls.

Looking pretty on these photos. Your face covered with ice cream is my fav

You seem happy with her. Your eyes were shining.

Anyway, call me."

I took a deep breath and tried to organize my thoughts. What am I telling him? How do I feel about him? Do I have feelings for Lauren?

I called him and waited a few seconds until he picked up.

- Hey...

- Hi, Camila. Had fun today, hun?

His voice was calm, but he was clearly not okay.

- Shawn, about that... people are really overreacting. We're just walking on the beach, no big deal

- I know, that's not the problem. Camila, have you looked at the photos? You look radiant. You're looking at her like you used to look at me on the beginning. It's been only 3 fucking days, Camila! How do you already feel something for her?

That question got me unprepared. I wasn't expecting him to go right to the point. I wanted to meet him, in person, and tell him how I'm feeling.

- You don't understand... the way I look at her isn't about feelings. What I have with Lauren is bigger than that. Shawn, when I was a teenager trying to become a singer on that X Factor I saw Lauren for the first time. I swear, on that first look on her eyes we made a connection.

- Camila... - he tried to say but I stopped him

- Let me finish! We stayed together on fifth harmony for years, Shawn, and that's not something you can understand. When I left I chose to leave it all behind me and start a new life, and that's what I did. But after all this time, almost eight years, when she finally gave me a chance to look her in the eye again I felt the very same way I felt on X Factor! This fucking connection never left us. So no, it's not three days. It's a life.

I finished but we stayed in silence, he was there but wasn't talking, so I kept going.

- So do I love her? I don't know. But I'm afraid I left a piece of me behind and now I need to find it, I need to find myself again and she's helping me with that. Shawn, I love you, I do, and I don't want to ever hurt you, and that's why I think we need a break.