McDonalds

Lauren's POV

Over all things that could happen on my way to get a milk shake, that's not what I expected.

It was just another normal day in Miami and I was doing nothing at home, so I decided to go buy a milk shake at McDonalds. It was close from home, I could go by walk but the sun was killing me, so I took my car, put some music on and left.

Since the last time I tried to drink something and drive it didn't work very well, I parked my car and went inside the restaurant. It was a bit empty so it didn't take long for me to be sitting on a table, finally drinking my chocolate milk shake. I stayed there for maybe 20 minutes, then got up and walked straight to the parking lot, but a familiar voice made me stop before I could get to my car

- Lauren!

I looked back and saw Camila. Camila Cabello. At the very same McDonalds I was. I freezed for a second or two, what made her keep going with the conversation.

- It's been so long! How are you?

- I'm fine, how are u? - I finally answered after some embarassing seconds.

- I'm okay! How crazy it is to see you here!

I hate to admit it, but she was just as beautiful as I can remember. Camila was wearing a yellow t-shirt and a jeans, her long hair falling into her shoulders like a waterfall.

- I know, right? What you're doing here?

- I am visiting my parents for the weekend. What about you? I thought you were living in LA

I wondered where she got this information from but didn't want to ask...

- I am living in LA, but I was missing my parents and this city so I came back home for some days.

I put my sunglasses on. Camila's hands were in her jeans' pockets and she had that smile on her face, the one that makes me feel like we didn't stayed so many years away from each other. She looked down for a second, then looked at me and bited her own lips like she didn't know what to say.

- Lauren, I'm sorry if...

Before she could finish we were interrupted for a male's voice that I quick recognized.

- The car is parked, babe. - Shawn Mendes said to Camila and then looked at me. - Oh, hi Lauren! Almost didn't recognize you with those sunglasses! What a coincidence

He kissed my cheek and I smiled just to be nice, cause I actually never liked him.

- Hi, Mendes. I was just asking Camila about you. - I lied, of course. I couldn't care less. - Well, it was nice to see you two but I have to go, told my mom I would help her with some stuff

- You sure you don't wanna join us? - Shawn asked while Camila was just looking at me in silence.

- Yes, thanks. I really have to go. Bye guys, see you around!

I waved my hand and turned around, going to my car and trying not to look back.

Camila's POV

Lauren started walking away from us leaving me with a strange feel.

- Let's go?

I woke up from my thoughts with Shawn asking me to get inside, but for some reason I couldn't.

- Go ahead, I'll meet you inside... forgot to say something to Lauren

- You sure? I can wait

- No, go inside. I'll be right back! - I said after starting running to get to Lauren because she was getting inside her car. - Lauren, wait!

She got out the car and looked at me with this interrogation face that she does, raising her eyebrows. I stopped close to her and took a breath to start talking.

- I just really couldn't let you go before telling you that I'm sorry

She looked straight to my eyes and waited for me to keep going, but I couldn't. I lost the courage.

- Sorry for what, Camila?

- For... everything. Everything I did. I'm sorry that I left you guys the way I did, I'm sorry I didn't try to keep in touch after that, I'm sorry, Lauren.

I looked down because I couldn't look at her eyes. She stayed quiet for some seconds and I stood in the same position, waiting for an answer.

- Camila... It was a long time ago, okay? Let's just.. forget it and keep on with our lives. - I finally looked at her eyes and realized it was as painfull to her as it was to me. - It was really nice to see you, seriously... I missed you.

Before I could answer she got into her car and I took a few steps back, my head spinning. Lauren left the parking lot and only then I remembered that Shawn was waiting for me, so I started walking towards the door very slowly, so I had time to think on my way.
I would never imagine that seeing Lauren again would make me feel this way. She also said she missed me, but she didn't wait for me to say I missed her too... And I do. I miss her, and it's crazy that I only noticed how much now that I saw her again.