here we go again

Lauren's POV

Things between Camila and I have been weird ever since that call, ten days ago. I can tell she's still mad, but I feel like it's a stupid reason to be mad, so I'm just ignoring it and so is she.

Camila still calls me everyday, but our conversations have been shorter like we don't have anything to say, but it's the opposite. We just don't want to say it.

About Lucy, she's being a great friend. I've seen her 4 ou 5 times, we talked, cooked, things like that. My mom loves her so she's always welcome to join our dinners.

Camila never asked about Lucy again, so I also didn't say anything else. Yeah, pretty shitty, I know.

To make everything harder, my birthday is tomorrow and my mom insisted on throwing a "little party", as she said, to celebrate, even though I'm not in the mood.

- Don't worry, you'll love it - she said after I asked one more time if we could skip it only this year.

- Mom...

- It'll be just family, alright?

I've been trying to make her give up on that idea for days, so I just accepted it.

- Okay, I'll go home to sleep. Let me know if you need me to bring anything tomorrow

I hugged her goodbye and went to my car, like I could run away and pretend I won't have to fake a smile to my whole family tomorrow.

I heard someone knocking at the car's window. It was Lucy.

- Hey neighbor - I said

- Hi neighbor! You leaving so soon?

She looks like she's going somewhere, all dressed up.

- Yeah, I need to do some stuff - I lied - but what about you?

- I'll go to this new club. Wanna join me?

I considered it, but honestly I just want to go to the apartment and be alone.

- Maybe next time

- You sure?

I could smell her perfume. She looks like she's not coming home alone tonight, so I should definitely stay out of it.

- Yeah, I'm sure. But thanks anyway

- Alright. See you, Lauren

Lucy walked two steps back and I finally left knowing that I made the right decision.

...

Camila told me earlier that she wouldn't call because she's in Las Vegas, which means I'm 3 hours late, so I'm going to sleep now and she's probably still on the show. Honestly our last conversations were so cold I don't mind it...

- Why are you so stubborn? - I asked to my phone screen, it was a photo of Camila holding Cleo.

- Maybe I'm the stubborn one - I answered myself.

...

I woke up to a beautiful morning in Miami. I don't think I'll ever get used to that amazing view.

I turned on my phone and saw a lot of notifications. My fans, friends and family reminding me that I'm older today. 28 fucking years old. Oh my god!

I got up, took a shower and put a beautiful white dress I hasn't used in a while.

- What the hell...

Suddenly I smell pancakes. Can't believe my mom is using the emergency key to something that's not an emergency.