30

Harley's POV:

The doctors leave the room as soon as they are done checking me out, they explained how they almost lost me, my heart stopped for 2 minutes.

But they were able to bring me back.

And I've never been so greatful.

I've never been afraid of death, it doesn't bother me. We all have our due dates. And mine came close. I used to live day by day as the world around me went on, broken from a man whom I thought I loved, but I was wrong.

I was young and naive. I didn't know what love was, what it was meant to feel like. And what happened when I was with matthew. That was not love.

But Alessandro Grey De Santis.

He makes me believe in love, that life is worth living, that happiness isn't so untouchable after all, because when I'm with him he consumes me. Every bit of me is consumed by him, his sent invades my nose and my heart races with every movement he makes, my mind only focuses on him, my skin bounces with goosebumps at just the thought of him and I find myself actually believing in soulmates, in some one that fits into you so much it seems impossible. He is my other half, the sun and moon have each other, and I have Alessandro. He is my person.

He saved my life, he doesn't know it but he saved me.

A saying everyone has probably heard over and over throughout their lives, "you never appreciate what you have so much. Until it's not there anymore."

I never understood that, but I do now.

Alessandro and I have the longest history and I can go on and on about stories of us but what I can't seem to wrap my head around is who we're we trying to kid for all these years?

I love him, always have and always will.

From the beginning, before I put a face to the name I'm supposed to dispise, I felt the connection. The flames burning off of him like he was a burning fire, and I was so tempted to touch it, to get lost in the fire, to burn down with the man I had only just met.

I've always had a thing for fire, and he was just that, a burning match, and with me we were a perfect match.

I saw sparks as soon as I laid eyes on him, no man had invaded my brain, my body and my heart as much as this man.

It didn't matter if it was hate or love. I still saw them.

And I always will.

—————

After the doctors checked up on me, Alessandro could tell exactly what I was thinking, he climbed into my hospital bed and my head lay on his chest while he plays with my hair, a feeling I missed so dearly.

"Look at the stars." Ale whispers so softly I can hardly hear him, pointing to the window In front of us. "Look how they shine for you, baby."

I try to speak but my voice doesn't come out, my throat dry and cold. Ale notices, like he always does and gives me some water, I take a sip and feel instant coolness.

"Ale." I manage to croak out, "I need to say something."

"I know, me too, har. Me too."

"I saw this light when I was asleep, it was so welcoming, it was like something warm and comfortable when I was cold and lonely in the dark, it was pitch dark in the room I was in. It felt like an endless darkness that was slowly consuming me." My voice coming out barely a whisper.

"You know how everyone tells you to not go towards the light? I stayed away from it as long as I could, but It was calling my name. And it wasn't my voice. It was yours, baby." I smile as a single year rolls down my cheek, ale is quick to wipe it away and kiss the top of my head, staying quiet as I figure out a way to express my emotion that I dread so much.