38

Harley's POV:

I stare at the girl I once used to play barbies with, the girl who helped me shoot my first gun, the girl who was always by my side, the girl who was my family. is my family and the only one I have left.

my eyes soften when I look at here pleading swollen eyes. im hurting her.

"I-" my voice breaks, "Im... Im sorry" I breathe out. her arms go around my waist pulling me closer to her, my arms instantly going around her neck.

"I tried to get to them" she cries out, her hands digging into my back like she can't believe in infant of her that im still here.

"I know." I sob, stoking her hair as her head falls onto my shoulder, "I know you did." I whisper in a quiet sob.

"please forgive me" she says after a while of her silent sobs, her head lifts off of my shoulder, she strokes a peace of my hair behind my ear, "I love you." she whispers, her eyes searching mine for an answer.

"I love you too, I love you so much Amelia." I grab her face in my hands, "Im so happy you made it out." I rest my forehead of hers. "its not your fault." I shake my head.

she smiles and closes her eyes with a heavy sigh of relief. I look up at her at the girl ive spent my entire life with.

"I don't know what to do." I finally say after a while of nothing but our quiet sobs.

she opens her eyes again. she pulls back from me and grabs my face letting my hands drop to my sides as I start shaking with sobs. "I know." she whispers. "but I can tell you now, they would've wanted you to be happy. they wouldn't care who it was." she says sternly, all of her sobs have gone quiet, she's being dead serious.

"they signed the deal for us to work together with them, they saw us all going out together, they saw the tension between you and Alessandro, they knew what was going on. they were just waiting for you two to tell them." she shakes my shoulders trying to wake me up from my sad state.

how could I be so dumb? how could I make out and fuck Alessandro under the same roof as well trained mafia dons. how stupid am I to think they wouldn't of figured it out. how stupid am I to think that they wouldn't of seen ale and I not fighting anymore.

"ive ruined it." I stare at her blankly, " I ruined it. he hates me." my voice is soft, small.

"I know what will help." she smiles, reaching behind her and grabbing something. she pulls a bottle of tequila out from behind her, showcasing it like its the most magical thing in the world, "ta da" she smiles.

I actually manage to choke out a laugh in utter disbelief, god I love this girl.

she's right, she may be fucking Theo or whatever is going on their but god I was fucking Alessandro, even worse I was in love with him. how could I hold that over her? how could I be so cruel?

"you are literally my soulmate." I laugh and grab the bottle, chugging a bit while we stand up and walk towards my room.

"I know" she laughs and puts an arm around my shoulder.

-----

"oh my god do you remember when we were at that afters party with those random ass people and that guy starting arguing with us about how woman supposedly make more money than men?" she swings the bottle in her hands, one that's pretty much empty.

I laugh from my position on the floor at the end on my bed, leaned against it taking a sip and then adding to her story "yup, he literally wouldn't stop talking and arguing about it until I had a gun to his head in three seconds." I take another sip.