36: vroom!

The next day, Donghyuck woke up very early with Sungchan

The next day, Donghyuck woke up very early with Sungchan. Both took a shower and ate breakfast together, Jaemin, who thought he was running late, came out of his bedroom with dripping wet hair and his shirt worn backwards. Donghyuck and Sungchan blinked while staring at the rushing boy and said “good morning…” 

Scratching his nape in stupidity, Jaemin  went back to his room and took all of his clothes, drying every  part of his body and also putting on his face products. He really thought he was late. He didn’t even check his phone when he woke up, he immediately just went straight into the bathroom. 

After that chaotic morning for Jaemin but a peaceful one for the two boys, they went to school together. 

Arriving at their lockers, the three placed their bags inside and got their things for class. Sungchan was the first one to finish and went to Jaemin. 

“weird” Sungchan started, “isn’t Jeno supposed to pick you up?” he asked as the asked male raised an eyebrow. 

“I don’t know actually, he never greeted me good morning either...I don’t know what is going on” Jaemin answered and pouted, slumping. 

“So what are you guys talking about?” Donghyuck happily skipped to them with his books in his arms, hugging it. 

“Just Jeno not picking up his boyfriend” Sungchan simply answered, he’s jealous. Jealous because Jaemin has a boyfriend, Donghyuck has(?), he’s not sure but it’s kind of a bummer because his feelings were growing for the tanned male but he just let it slide down because he knows Mark isn’t going to let him get what’s his.

He wishes someone would just fall from heaven and actually become his boyfriend, you know?

“oh yeah, channie…” Donghyuck called out, “What is so important about that necklace? I mean I don’t want to sound mean or anything but I just want to know” 

Sungchan chuckled, he leaned on the locker while staring into Donghyuck’s brown orbs, “that was my mom’s necklace, she always wore it before not until she was rushed to the hospital after her cancer got worse. She gave me that necklace as a remembrance just in case she passes away…”  he bit his lips and looked down on the floor. 

Jaemin poked his teeth using his tongue, he knows where this story is going and it’s just sad. He fiddled with fingers, clearing his throat after, “I’m sorry…” he said.

“No it’s fine” Sungchan giggled, “I’m already used to it and plus, I know she’s watching over me 24/7” he explained. 

“Come here” Donghyuck waddled to Sungchan and hugged him, his book on right hand, “you have us now” he said as the taller one chuckled. 

“oh yeah before we enter the classroom, I remember something I haven’t told you guys” Donghyuck let go and furrowed his brows, “the other day when Sungchan was doing his tryouts, I was on my way to the field till I bumped into Yuqi”