Scene 4 - The Authority

We are now inside the TARDIS. The Doctor analyses what he sees on the scanner carefully to fully understand the situation. Bill and Nardole are aboard besides the Doctor. Kate and Osgood are also inside the TARDIS, wandering around amazed at the TARDIS' bigger interior dimensions. The scanner presents us with the view of our galaxy and its planets. We see a large object beginning to approach from the depths of space and approach Earth. The technical data will be at the bottom of the screen as the Doctor reads and narrates it aloud for us.

Doctor:

Here we are. Yes. Seems as though the spaceship came from outside this universe after all. Not bad tracking even for Earth's satellites.

Bill:

Oi.

Doctor:

Kate, was it Cape Kennedy that was able to track this thing in first?

Kate:

Correct. When the ship's course was designated for Earth, naturally we were called in. We set up here and upgraded the software for Cape Kennedy thanks to Osgood.

Osgood:

Well, best we could. If you say so.

Doctor:

Oh, don't be too hard on yourself, Osgood. You did the best you can with the tin foil you humans have to work with.

Osgood:

I'd be careful when you next say something like that to the Commander. He doesn't take insults well.

Doctor:

Well, you know what these American generals can be like. I've seen it too many times all before. Especially as I said about them having more guns than brains.

Nardole:

I sometimes think it's a generalization for humans really. Not all of them though, sir.

Kate:

Thank you.

Doctor:

What do you make of the TARDIS then Kate, Osgood? Other than it's bigger on the inside than on the outside, but you already knew that.

Kate:

The usual reaction I expect you get from people who come in here, Doctor.

Osgood:

I've read all the details about dimensionally transcendental engineering. But to really see it as it is, is truly remarkable. Your TARDIS can run a full schematic on everything about this ship, can't it?

Doctor:

Of course. No need for that tin foil in there, Osgood. Here we go. You might want to listen up you two or come round if you want.

They head on over to the Doctor and the scanner.

This ship is carrying no weapons whatsoever. Not even a pop gun anywhere aboard. This ship comes from the planet Zanquara, trillions of lightyears away from Earth. The width, length, height and all of it, keeping it short, would be enough to fill an entire city in. The ship will soon be headed over the planet and will be programmed to halt above the Earth.

Bill:

What about the aliens?

Doctor:

Ah, well, the TARDIS doesn't want to seem to tell me about them. Assumingly, the Quandraphils, the peaceful natives, will be aboard. The final important detail that I think I can say is that the purpose of their visit is non-hostile. They come to observe and learn more about the universe. Sound familiar, Bill? Kate? Nardole?