Scene 15 - Humans

We see the floor beside the TARDIS doors. They are closed and see the Doctor's shoes wander up to the console whilst also hearing the sounds of the TARDIS instrumentations, almost as though it's like they are responding to what the Doctor has to say. We then see the Doctor's head from behind, and he will begin to wander around the console talking to his ship again.

Doctor:

Well old girl, another victory then. The Earth is safe. Only by the skin of its people's teeth. The primitive and aggressive people of this Earth will never learn from their mistakes. Always spiteful to one another, killing each other even for the smallest of gains.

The Doctor heads up the steps to the edge of the TARDIS console room, wandering around it as he continues talking to his ship.

They're still cavemen. Cavemen with just a little bit of technology and science. And their technology and science were what nearly destroyed man. If that ship had been destroyed, the Earth would have been mincemeat.

The Doctor reaches the end of the path that would have led deeper into the TARDIS. He stops and turns around to finish what he has to say.

Even in the early 21st century, mankind still cannot accept what is even the slightest different of a life form. Race, gender, sexuality, not to mention aliens. Because mankind fears the unknown, he becomes scared, and lashes out.

He heads down to the console again, to lean over it.

And the fear spreads. Because fear is contagious. Spreads faster than the plague. Because it links back to what I said at the start, humans are still incredibly small.

The Doctor now wanders back around the TARDIS console, before heading down the closest steps into the darkness.

And just because someone has green skin does not necessarily mean something is evil. It's the stereotype they have with we non-Earthlings. Insulting, isn't it? But that's man's basic primitivity. Something can be extremely beautiful but be highly toxic and lethal. And on the other hand, you get the Quandraphils.

The Doctor has now ended up on the other side of the TARDIS, still beneath the main level and still in the shadows. He will then come back up to the console.

It's hardly surprising when the Captain would play on these weaknesses for his strengths. And he utilized those to his full advantage in the Commander. I was right after all. The humans will for once not be invaded but will be the invaders. I can see that literally happening at one stage in the future. One time or another. And it will come back to bite them hard. Fear is nothing more than an illusion. A barrier that doesn't really exist. We create it for ourselves when we feel we cannot achieve a goal. Or when something we think can harm us.

He has vanished again into the darkness before we see him by his books. He is beside his blackboard and chalk as he begins drawing the 7 Deadly Sin Symbols of wrath (lightning), envy (a face), and pride (a lion's head). The Doctor narrates...

Wrath. Wrath is strong anger and hatred towards another person. The Bible speaks about wrath in Romans 12:19, "Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.'" Further Bible verses include Psalm 37:8, Proverbs 14:29, Proverbs 15:1, Ephesians 4:26-27, Colossians 3:8 and James 1:19-20. Patience cures wrath by first understanding the needs and desires of others before acting or speaking.

He finishes drawing it.

Envy. Envy is the intense desire to have an item that someone else possesses. As stated in the following in Proverbs 14:30, "A sound heart is life to the body, but envy is rottenness to the bones." Other biblical texts which mention envy include Job 5:2, Psalm 37:1, Proverbs 24:19-20, Ecclesiastes 4:4, Galatians 5:26 and James 3:14-16. Kindness cures envy by placing the desire to help others above the need to supersede them.

He finishes drawing it.

Pride. Pride is an excessive view of one's self without regard for others. The Bible says the following in Jeremiah 9:23-24, "Let not the mighty man boast of his might...but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me..." Pride is also referred to in the following verses: Proverbs 8:13, Proverbs 16:18, Romans 12:16, 1 Corinthians 13:4, Galatians 6:3 and James 4:6-7. Humility cures pride by removing one's ego and boastfulness. Something that old Commander needed, and therefore with humility, allows the attitude of service.

The Doctor steps back, accomplished with his work,

Mankind, I hope luck is on your side.

We look at the three drawn symbols.

I could use this in a lecture. Should maybe turn down the ranting about humans. Then there goes half of my presentation...