Scene 8 - Take The Hat Back To The TARDIS

We have run into another area of a vast space surrounded by a grey wall, and plants and dead vines lying around. A little bit more of a contained space than before, more rocks lie smashed and crushed as some are still left to burn in flames. They stop, as the army prepares to load their weapons back in the direction they came.

Doctor:

If you had done that with any other race then you would all be mincemeat by now.

Commander:

The moment you spot them men, fire!

On the left-hand side of the wall, in the centre of it, a square of beaming light is opened out, as smoke pours out from the brightness.

Colonel:

Commander, more of them might be coming!

Commander:

Prepare to fire men if anything comes out there too!

A golden ray shoots out from the light and hits Commander Montgomery. He yells and falls unconscious from the ray, and his hat falls off. We see that at the top of the hat that there is a black electronic board. It is clearly not meant to be there, but the Doctor is suspicious and takes it up. A peaceful voice begins emanating from inside the light inside the wall. The voice sounds beautiful, holy, calm, gentle, and polite.

Quandraphil:

He is alright. The Commander is merely stunned.

Doctor:

Good. I'm glad about it. Now we can actually communicate reasonably. We must apologize for his actions.

Quandraphil:

We understand that he is the only one who poses a threat to our unity. That is why he lies asleep.

Doctor:

Well, after getting a little off on the wrong foot, I will introduce ourselves properly. I'm the Doctor. These are my friends, and the men in uniform are from Earth's army, brought up and under the leadership of that pig-headed Commander. You must be the Quandraphils. May we welcome to the Sole star system.

Kate:

We understand that you are here to investigate and gather knowledge about our universe.

Quandraphil:

Correct.

Bill:

Then, why can't we see you? Do you look like those blobby things that were attacked?

Quandraphil:

Some of us do. Our younger offspring tend to remain in that blob-like status as you described. But it is better that we remain in protection before more of us are unnecessarily killed.

Doctor:

Yes. Well, we must stay and have a chat with one another.

Kate:

Colonel, you will stay here and act under our orders.

Colonel:

As you and your scientific advisor know what is happening, I think it is better that we follow your instructions.

Doctor:

Good man, Colonel Stow. Bill, Nardole, I want you to return with this back to the TARDIS and analyze that black board in there.

Bill:

Oh, come on, this is really cool!

Nardole:

Come on, Ms. Potts. Let's do as he says before he gets in one of his moods again. He's far too interested in communicating with the aliens as opposed to something he could easily scan with the Sonic himself.

Doctor:

Nardole, get going. Just think about returning to Earth, and you will return back to Cape Kennedy.

They then suddenly disappear...