Scene 12 - Prisoners

Back on the spaceship/planet, Ariel remains beside the camera which has now been turned off. Miraculously, it has been turned on again. We see the footage that we saw at the start of the episode where we are introduced to the Captain played for the camera.

Commander:

Now you Doc and all your friends are going to come down to Earth with me, and we will finish this all off.

Ariel:

PERMISSION TO SPEAK SIR!

Commander:

Oh, what is it?

Doctor:

Oh dear.

The Doctor immediately recognizes the footage, as it finishes playing and we will be presented with the footage of the Captain in the centre again with the containment field and control console behind him. Bill and Nardole are now conscious again, as they sit tied up behind the Captain with ropes tying them up. The Commander ushers the Colonel and Ariel away to speak with them, whispering.

Commander:

Men, I want you to return to Earth and, on my command, see that this spaceship is blasted out of space for good.

Colonel:

Yes sir. These aliens are not to be trusted under any circumstances.

Commander:

Synchronise watches, gentlemen. Let's have this ship destroyed in the next five minutes from... now.

The Colonel and Ariel are teleported down. By now, the Doctor is having another encounter with CaptainThunderWho, communicating via the camera. The Commander has approached the camera again. We see some of the green blobs hiding around them behind rocks and in and around plants, we can see they hide in fear and desperation, worrying what is about to happen to them next.

Quandraphil:

Our... our transportation means are being... altered... we cannot remain... contact... with the Earth...

Kate:

What are they saying?

CaptainThunderWho:

Greetings minions, villains, supervillains, and future subjects, I am CaptainThunderWho, the future ruler of time and space. And today, I have before you, two rogue elements who seem to thwart my plans.

Doctor:

That's enough of that. I know you can hear me in there.

We cut back to Cape Kennedy again, and see the Colonel and Ariel swiftly act.

Colonel:

These beings are hostile up there. Launch everything we've got up there at them.

Solider:

Colonel, there are still our men up there. The Commander?

Colonel:

I expect he will be out in the next five minutes with everyone else hopefully. Prepare to strike. Get everything we've got towards that ship.

Soldier:

Yes sir!

He begins to prepare all missiles and alert stations to prepare to fire. Meanwhile, the Doctor confronts the Captain via communications of the camera.

Doctor:

A neat little system of communications you've got here. And what are you up to this time?

Osgood:

Obviously the Doctor and he know each other from the past somewhere, mam.

Kate:

I think I remember my father once describing something of a figure in that similar outfit.

Doctor:

You could say that Kate. So, Captain, what do you want this time? Other than your desire to rule the universe which I've heard all before.

CaptainThunderWho:

Ah, Doctor. You've changed again. This time it's the most recent incarnation. But in this round, the skirmish that is about to take place will only be a small phase in beginning the annihilation of the entire universe.

Bill:

Doctor, it was that hat that enabled him to take control of the Commander.

Nardole:

It's an Inducer, aimed to alter the thought process for the programmed instruction inside the device.

CaptainThunderWho:

Silence!

Doctor:

Captain, you so much as harm as one hair on their head...

The Captain laughs.

CaptainThunderWho:

Seems as though this time, I have outwitted you, at last. No companions, no knowledge, no TARDIS. It is trapped in a containment field.

Doctor:

Like that sick green thing in your field. And hopefully he stays locked up in there too.

Maxwell:

Oh, well, pleased to meet you again, Doctor!

Quandraphil:

Ah! The rays are worsening. Ah!

Doctor:

Now seems as though the Commander, now without his hat, will no longer be under your influence after the effects wear off. He will still have some of his usual bragging characteristics but will be greatly reduced.

The Commander is insulted. Bill and Nardole have turned away from each other, so they can, without the Captain noticing, free themselves from the ropes. Maxwell has noticed but says nothing.

CaptainThunderWho:

But by then it will be far too late. The Commander has already ordered your ship you are on to be obliterated by Earth's defences.

The Doctor looks to the once again smug Commander.

Commander:

This entire ship will be blown up in... three minutes from now!

Back on Earth, we see a massive countdown on the screen, with the Colonel and Ariel looking dutiful with honour – 179... 178... 177... 176... 175... 174...