chapter 14

there he stood, a tall man, about 30 by the looks of it, in a blue suit,watching out the window, watching the sea of cars that drive by the office.
'please take a seat, how can i help you?'
'well the receptionist told me you could answer some of my questions about a man named james and woman named sarah?'
'then ask your questions and i'll try and answer them'
'do you know why they came here and do you know where they went after ?'
'well they came here looking for ways they could start a life in a new country, saying that they wanted a change of scenery and wondered if there was anyway they could do it without any big costs, but they never said where they were going after'

'they didn't even mention any places, they must have, they must have had an idea where they were going to go.' hopeless you slump back in the chair, thinking where they could have been wanting to runaway too.
'i'm sorry but that's all the told me, if i get any leads tho i'll call you' you give him your number and leave his office, not satisfied as still no clues as to where they've gone.
but you're getting closer, hopefully with the help of john you'll be able to track them down.

————————————

your journey back home was long and uneventful and by the time you got home it was late, you take a shower once you get home and got to sleep, or atleast try get some sleep. you fail miserably at falling asleep so you put on some three days grace and do some drawing. the morning rolls around and you've been up drinking coffee, drawing and singing.

you go on your phone checking if you have any calls from john but are just met with a bunch of missed calls from people including her and multiple texts from her, you ignore them. you have other things to worry about then what she has to say, she wanted it to end and it has, what more does she want.

you take the day off again hoping you could maybe find something around the house that could help you find your parents. you search every single room, every single piece of furniture, even search the basement and nothing. they really covered their tracks, they really didn't want you to find them...

you have an idea, you dial johns number hoping he picks up...
'hey, i was wondering if you had james' number in your files. coz he clearly had to contact you somehow, so your records must have something'
'you're right, i didn't think of that he called me from this number (***) hope that helps and like i said if i find owt i'll tell you' you write down the number
'thanks, i really appreciate this'
'no problem bye' he hangs up.

you try calling the number.

and surprisingly someone picks up...

'hello?'

A.N*hope you enjoyed :)*