chapter 27

rays of light entering your room wake you aswell as the throbbing headache. you feel warmth to the side of you, you look over trying to remember what happened yesterday, once you look at her you're reminded of what went down, shivers going through your body at the thought.

her arm slings itself across your waist and pulls you in gently, not to close but close enough for your heart rate to increase, but you appreciate the closeness, it's comforting.
a while after she begins to stir.

'morning' you say your voice all rasped and sleepy.
'morning' she smiles her voice rasped too.
'you sleep well?' you ask,
'yea i did thanks how bout you babe' a genuinely caring expression on her face.
'eh good i guess, but i have such a headache' you groan and pull the blanket over yourself, trying to escape the sad reality of your life, engulfing yourself in the warmth provided by the blanket.

'well of course you're gonna have a headache silly, you drank like what 4 bottles... you'll have to take some aspirin and hope for the best, but i think you should be fine' she pulls the blanket from over your head to look at you and give you a reassuring smile before getting up to get you some aspirins and water to drink them down.

'now care to explain what happened, why some of the furniture and walls are scratched and damaged?'
you tell her about the car that followed you and about how you think they were somehow linked to your parents...'they took the box, so clearly they must have had something to do with the whole thing, hopefully they don't come back for owt else coz i don't think the house can handle any more abuse'
'yeah and you too, don't think you could handle more, you didn't seem to handle yesterday well' you look at her, dumbfounded at her response.

'i have a lot of work to do to get the house looking nice again, i have to get started now before i loose the last tiny amounts of motivation i have left in my body'
you get up and move towards the door, looking at the clock.

10:17.

'you gonna stay or you need to go home?' you ask lightly rubbing your forehead to easy the headache, thy the aspirins hadn't yet numbed.
'i think i can stay a while but i'll have to leave at about 2ish, you ok with me staying?'
'yeah of course you can stay' you smile at her, yet wonder why she thought you wouldn't want her staying, you loved having her around.

you find the paint and start work on the first room you come across, you sand down the scratches and fill the odd dent and hole, then finish off by painting. you repeat this process in a few areas in the fist room and move onto the next and repeat, you do this in all the downstairs rooms.

1:30 rolls around once your finished and you realise you haven't seen the beauty you had left upstairs for quiet a long time, so you go looking only to find her asleep on your bed. you're surprised to say the least, you thought she had slept durning the night. you contemplate waking her up as her time to leave approaches but you give her about 15 more mins.
you just sit in a chair and watch, not in a creepy way but a watchful gaze, almost like you're worried she won't be there if you look away for a moment.

'hey babe, it's nearly 2 i don't want you to be late for what you've got going on' its enough to wake her, meaning her sleep wasn't as calm and peaceful as it was a few times before, worrying you again, somethings not right.

'oh yeah, nah i gotta leave sorry, i might be back later, you take care' she rushes out the room, down the stairs and out the house. shocked at her actions you wonder if you had done anything to make her act weird but you draw a blank, so instead of dwelling on the thoughts you go for a drive to the furniture store to replace the damaged items.

————————————

after buying what you need to replace and coming home to assemble them, you notice just how cold your house has gotten, how drained the atmosphere has become, the walls having witnessed so much that your mood deflated.

nothing seems the same, everything's changing but not even for the best, there's ups and bigger downs every time, life becoming a cycle of getting better and getting drastically worse.

you're brought back to the thoughts of what's going on with the beauty that left your house 4 hours ago, and what she must be going through, what caused her to be so panicked and frazzled.

————————————

sunday isn't any better, no updates from H. something must be really wrong, or you're just overthinking it, probably overthinking it but you send her a text.

-hey you good ?xx

-yeah, i've just gotta work some stuff out.

'no x's' you say to yourself sadly. what stuff does she mean, why isn't she telling you about what's going on.

A.N*hope you enjoyed*