chapter 22

'so you wanna sleep with me tonight or you wanna sleep up here and i'll go sleep downstairs' she asks you.
'i wanna sleep up here with you' you yawn, your energy drained from you by the events of the past 2 hours.
'also who's alice ?' you remember her mention her when you called her.
'ok let me just get some pillows and blankets just incase you get cold or i steal the covers whilst i'm asleep, and i'll tell you when i get back ok' she leans down and kisses your forehead, then leaves to get the blankets. you aren't jealous of this alice person your just intrigued about who she is.

she comes back a bunch of blankets and a few pillows in hand.
'so alice is one of my friends from work, and she's keeps calling me asking me for advice about what to do with this guy she's talking to '
'i would have told her to fuck off and figure it out herself, i wouldn't have the patience to keep telling her what to do' you half-joke.
'i'm so tempted to tell her to figure it out herself it's actually not funny but i guess i'm just too nice'

a comfortable silence falls over yous for a while, she breaks the silence first.
'it's late we should be getting to sleep, unless you plan on making me late for work tomorrow?' she teases
making you chuckle a bit.

you both lay down getting comfortable under the covers.
'goodnight sweet dreams' you say and yawn
'goodnight babe sleep well' she smiles at you yawning.
you snuggle into her side and fall asleep surrounded by her scent and warmth. you feel completely safe with her.

————————————

her alarm goes off and she wakes to turn it off, as she goes to leave you wrap your arms around her waist, pulling her back down to the bed.
'5 more minutes' your groggy, sleep-filled voice tells her.
'love i haven't got 5 more minutes, i have to get ready for work' she says sadly, looking down at you sympathetically. your grip around her tightens slightly, still not wanting to let her go.

she gives up with trying to get you to let go knowing you'll only just tighten your grip.
'what time is it?'
'it's 5:45, why?'
'ugghhh to early' you moan.
'you go back to sleep then, i'll wake you up in say about half an hour?'
you dont answer because you've already fallen asleep.

————————————

'babe, you've got to get up, i'm leaving now and i can't leave you with no keys, so your gonna have to get up'
'No' you reply, 'your beds too comfy, and it smells like you' pouting you turn to look at her, your eyes meeting hers.
'i can't leave you here you know'
'i know.. fine' you slip out the covers and stand up, rubbing your tired eyes.

————————————

'i'll text you when i get home ok?' you open your car door.
'ok, drive safe babe, try not to miss me too much' she teases.
'yeah i'll try not too' you kiss her goodbye and drive off.

the drive back to your house, pretty uneventful, the roads still empty apart from a few cars here and there. you think back to yesterday night, how you found out about your parents running from the law. it's not the nicest thing to know that your parents who you looked up to as a child have been involved with gang activity.

you arrive back at your house and send her a quick text:

-hey i'm home now, i'm not going to school imma stay home and work on mi back garden xx.

-ok babe have fun xx.

instead of going to school you choose to work on your garden, but first you need to go buy some tools.
so you sort yourself out, putting on some fairly decent cloths and then get in your car driving to the nearest gardening store.

————————————

you return home with a wheelbarrow, watering can, rake, gardening fork, lawnmower, leaf blower and hedge trimmer. so you get to work, starting by clearing out all the junk your parents kept in the backyard that had either no use or was broken and there's just so much of it. you make the decision to load all the trash into your car and take it to the scrapyard.

once you get back you get to trimming the bushes, carefully sculpting them into neat rounded rectangles.
once finished you take to mowing the grass and plucking out the weeds in the cracks in the pavement leading to the only wooden shed.

it's about 17:53 and you decide you want to go inside and get a shower, to get have an early night, but you notice something peaking out from behind the shed.
you go over to it, it's a metal box, old and rusty clearly having been behind the shed for ages.

you open it and you could never be prepared for what you find inside...

A.N*this chapters a bit longer and i don't know if i like where it's going but oh well phaha hope you enjoyed*