🐍 Mr. Born To Lose pt 1 (Jamil x Reader)

Jamil finished packing his last bag. This trip wasn't going exactly how he planned, having no choice but to bring Kalim along with him. Dreams of traveling alone, going where he wants, would still have to wait. But Kalim did agree to let Jamil choose where they would be going, and while he was sure he would end up doing a lot what Kalim wanted, he would at least be choosing the locations he would be dragged around in. After much deliberation, Jamil charted the course of their travels. With plans to visit all the hometowns of his fellow NRC classmates, he settled on the flashy Land of Pyroxene as their first stop. He flopped back on his bed, a mix of excited and disappointed, waiting out the last day before they headed off.

Tapping your pencil on your chin, you stare ahead at the front of the class, not taking in the final lesson before the break started. 'One more hour, one more hour...' you count down every minute until you're finally released. Your classmates erupt out of the building. As eager as you are to get out of there, you aren't looking to get trampled, so you hang behind with a few friends as the torrent of humans pours out the main door.
"Y/n, are you really staying in town all summer?" One of your friends asks.
"Yeah, I kinda spent my whole travel budget during winter break, so my dad's putting me to work this month," you lament. The hall is clear enough now for you to take your leave. You say your goodbyes to your friends, all with plans for the break, and head home. 'Stuck in the Land of Pyroxene as usual... ugh, I love this place, but I still have other places I want to see...' You spend the evening lounging around, knowing you start work at your parents' shop tomorrow.

   Jamil and Kalim reach their first stop, a luxury hotel, occupied by only the richest and most famous tourists. Kalim leads his trusted magic carpet to the ground. "We made it!" Kalim cheerily hops into the hotel lobby, Jamil following closely behind. The boys get checked in and head to their room, a massive suite with two rooms in it. "Whoa, look at all these snacks!" Kalim raids the minibar as Jamil kicks off his shoes and collapses on the couch.
   "Oi, don't make a mess..." Jamil says quietly, ready to fall asleep after the long journey, but Kalim doesn't allow it.
   "Eh?! No coconut juice, huh..? Jamil! Let's go food shopping!" Kalim yells, smiling ear to ear. Jamil sighs, his vacation already taking a bad turn. He gets his shoes back on and the boys head to the nearest shop.