🌹 Welcome Back (Riddle x Reader) 🥐

Riddle fluff as requested by @MiniDevil793

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sneaking into the NRC campus at night was easier than it probably should've been. At midnight all the students and staff were already in their dorms or gone for the day. The kids here must be so well behaved, unlike you and your classmates at the nearest all girls school. Your own campus was still lively at this hour, and you were far from the only student who left campus without permission, but you were the only one that left just to sneak into another school. You were armed with a box of decadent pastries and a mission; to spoil your uptight boyfriend.
The coast was clear around Heartslabyul, naturally. Riddle ran a tight ship, no way any of his residents would be messing around at night. As much as you love him, you're glad you don't live under his rule. You recall Trey once said you were good for Riddle, who desperately needed to loosen up. And you were determined to help him unwind tonight. Poor man just came back from his winter break where he had to deal with his nightmare of a mother. You had barely heard from him in that time because of her. It was unlikely he told her about you. That's fine, the drama wasn't worth it. She can find out about you however many years in the future the wedding is. You quietly snicker to yourself, knowing it's too early to even think about that, never being one for planning anyways. The thought of his mother not finding out her son was even in a relationship until his wedding was funny to you, though.
You silently crept through the halls of the dorm to Riddle's massive room. How unfair that the boys of this school get such lavish rooms. You were forced to have a roommate at your school. You didn't like her, always bringing her loud group of friends over and occasionally "borrowing" your stuff. It's no wonder you spent more time at NRC, but you were stuck on your own campus while Riddle was on break, getting by mostly by couch surfing at your other friends' rooms. Now that your man was back, however, you were free to share that big, comfortable bed with your favorite person again. Your feet stopped in front of the familiar room, a devilish grin forming on your face. You knocked lightly, not wanting to draw any attention from the rest of the dorm. "Riddle~" you whispered. "Riiiidddllleee~~~" you knocked a little harder. 'Don't tell me you're sleeping already...'
You set the pastries down on the floor and crouched down to try to see through the gap under the door. "RIDDLE!" You whisper-scream through the gap. You hear a chair slide a little on the floor. He must have been at his desk. You watch his feet finally approach the door, staying crouched on the floor. He opens the door and you pounce on his legs, hugging them tightly.
"Y/n! What are you doing!?" A startled Riddle quietly yelled.
"I missed you~" you coo from the floor. He tries to shake you off of his leg.
"Get up!" He commands. You jump up and pull him into a tight hug, holding his head with one hand, kissing the top of it repeatedly. Riddle's face went rose red. He pushes you back a little, looking up at your face. He leans his head up a little to give you a proper kiss on the lips. Blushing even harder, he pulls you back into the hug and rests his head on your shoulder.
"I missed you too," he says, barely audible. You reluctantly release him to retrieve your treats and close the door, giving you two absolute privacy. You kick off your shoes and make yourself comfortable on Riddle's giant bed, laying the pastry box down beside you.
"Come sit with me," you keep your voice low, but you're no longer whispering. Riddle crawls in bed to your left. You look each other in the eyes, his expression neutral while yours is playful. You proudly swing the top off of the box revealing six pastries, three different kinds, two of each. "Surprise!" You smile. Riddle looks at you blankly.
"It's a little late for this, Y/n," he says.
"It's okay, this is a celebration," you grab your chocolate croissant from the box.
"What are we celebrating?" He asks, but still grabs his own croissant.
"Our liberation! I'm free of my roommate and you're free from the pain of being away from me!" You finish with a giggle, sinking your teeth into the artisan pastry. You really splurged on these pastries, getting them from the fanciest bakery in your area, but Riddle didn't have to know how irresponsible you were with your money. All he had to do was relax and enjoy the feast.
"You mean free of my mother..." he corrects. You let out a sad sigh but don't drop your smile.
"I didn't wanna force you to talk about it," Riddle sits silently for a second, studying his croissant, before taking the smallest bite. His face perks up a little at the brilliant taste coating his tongue. "Good, huh?" You happily ask. Riddle nods once. You push the box from between the two of you so you can snuggle closer to your boyfriend. You silently finish the first pastries then pull Riddle closer to you, stroking his hair. Your touch makes him lean into you, so you move to lie down, bringing his head to your chest, making him blush again. He adjusted himself to get more comfortable, laying his left hand on your stomach as you continued stroking his hair.
"I tried to tell her about you..." Riddle whispered. Your hand stopped stroking his hair for a split second, but you quickly resumed. "She wouldn't let me get a word in. It was probably for the best."
"You don't have to tell her anything," you reassure him. You don't want him to get himself in any trouble because of you. You spent the next half hour letting Riddle vent about his less than relaxing vacation, holding him close to your heart the entire time. When he finishes his rant, you grab his shoulders and flip his body over yours, startling him.
"Wah-what was that!?" He shouts. His legs are hanging over yours and he's fully wrapped in your embrace. You nuzzle the top of his head enthusiastically.
"Giving you some much deserved love!" You smother his face in kisses. Embarrassed, he buries his face in your chest. "I love you, Riddle, you know that?" You speak into the top of his head.
"I love you too," his voice is muffled due to his face being squished into your breasts. After a minute, you release Riddle, making him whine a little.
"I'm gonna get changed," while Riddle was decked out in his full set of silky red pajamas, you were still in the jeans and tight shirt you walked over in. Luckily, you brought some pajama shorts and a camisole with you. You stripped, and while Riddle tried to look away, he couldn't help but steal a few glances at your body. "It's okay to look, silly," you tease. He quickly turns his blushing face away from you. You crawl back into bed with him and reach back into the pastry box, grabbing two assorted fruit tarts and handing one to Riddle.
"How were things while I was gone?" He asks as you eat your tart.
"Super boring. My damn roommate brought her annoying friends around every day! I had to sleep on random couches the whole time. Ruined my back... so excited to finally sleep in your giant bed," you flop back onto the pillow, relishing in the softness. You quickly devour the rest of your tart and wrap your arms around the pillow. You watch Riddle slowly nibble on his tart. He looks so dignified, even in this mundane, casual setting. You fight to stay awake just a little longer, sleep deprivation taking its toll after weeks of restless nights.
"I'm excited too. It's hard to sleep without you next to me," Riddle says dreamily. You grin from ear to ear, so happy that he's as crazy for you as you are for him. He takes the last bite of his tart and you force yourself to get up to move the box to his desk.
"We can have the last ones for breakfast. I'm so tired," you collapse face first on the bed again, making Riddle chuckle lightly.
"I'm just going to brush my teeth. Be right back," Riddle lifts one of your hands to his face and gives it a gentle kiss before he heads to the bathroom. You spread out on the large bed, complete angel position. You're seconds away from passing out when Riddle comes back, forcing you back to consciousness. "Get under the covers, Y/n," you reluctantly move so Riddle can pull the blanket over the both of you. You sling your right arm over his abdomen and give him one last soft kiss on the lips before he cuddles deeper into your embrace, head near your heart.
"Night, baby," you whisper.
"Goodnight, love," he whispers back as you slip out of consciousness.