❄️I'm Cold [Harveston Event Pt 3] [Sebek x Reader]⚡️

"What are you doing awake, human?" Sebek's whispering skills aren't up to normal standards. You wince at the booming sound of his voice, horrified that he might have woken everyone up on your behalf.
"Could you keep it down?" You ask in an actual whisper. He didn't get the boys up this time, but you might not be so lucky next time he speaks.
"Explain yourself! You should know better than to disrupt us," Sebek huffs. Your ears are nearly bleeding.
"You!" You drag him back into your room and shut the door, leaving you in the cold again. "You are the one disrupting everyone's sleep. I only disrupted yours."
"And what excuse do you have for-" Sebek pauses. His whole body begins shivering.
"That's why. It was so damn cold that I couldn't sleep," you reveal. You sling your blanket over Sebek's shoulders. As bad as the cold was for you, he seems to be far worse at handling it.
"Okay, I accept your excuse," he shudders.
"Gee, thanks," you rub your hands over your arms. "So can I go back in without getting interrogated?"
"Yes, let's go back in immediately," Sebek attempts to turn the doorknob, but it won't open. "It isn't working."

"Damn this old building," you shove him aside and jiggle it yourself. No dice. "This is bad..."
"We must wake the others at once! They may be able to open it," Sebek raises a fist to pound on the glass door, but you catch his wrist before he can hit it.
"No! They need their sleep! If we wake them, all four of you will be dead on your feet for the race."
"I have to be rested, too!" He panics. He could never survive a night in these harsh conditions.
"We'll... we'll find another way in," you resolve. You throw your coat on. "Let's go out and see if there are any windows or doors we can get open without being noisy," you suggest.
"I'm not going out in this weather!" He protests.
"Okay, I'll go look myself then," you wrestle the front door open, letting in sharp, snowy winds. You step out, and Sebek surprisingly follows. "I thought you weren't coming."
"I can't allow you to do this alone," he wraps the blanket tighter around himself, his jacket locked inside. You stifle a smile. Of course Sebek would be too honorable to let a girl walk alone in the freezing night.
"I'll go around the right, you go around the left," you command.
"No, you're too small and weak to handle this. We will go together," he insults you.
"I'll be fi— you know what, this will be faster if I don't argue with you," you sigh, your breath visible. You walk around the right side of the assembly hall and he walks right behind. You each try to jostle a few windows open, with no luck. Sebek lifts you up to reach a taller window, but you fall into the snow trying to force it.
"Human! Are you alright?" Sebek helps you up and brushes some snow off of you.
"Yeah, I'm good, except now I'm even more cold," you complain.
"It's far worse out here than it was in there. We should go back in and make the best of the situation," he suggests. You have to agree. He has to fight the front door closed against the wind. The room is even frostier now, with snow speckled on the floor, but it's much better than being outside. You try the doorknob once more, but it remains stuck.
"What do we do now?" You ask. You only have one bed and one heavy blanket. If one of you slept without that blanket, you would be a popsicle by morning.
"We will have to share the bed," Sebek announces. You stare at him in shock.
"Excuse me?! Share a bed, with you?"
"Do you have any other suggestions?" Unfortunately, he is right.
"Don't... be weird about this, okay?" You reluctantly crawl back into bed.
"Don't be so inappropriate. This is merely a survival measure," Sebek insists. But when he lies down next to you, draping the blanket over both your bodies, he suddenly feels oddly hot, especially in his face. Your body is frigid against his.
"You're actually really warm," you hum. You shuffle a little closer to him, skin desperate for body heat.
"H-hey! Give me some space!" He whines.
"There is no space," you remind him. "Besides, I'm still cold, and you're like a space heater right now. Can't you just indulge me?" He knows he shouldn't, but he feels so bad for you. And, as much as he doesn't want to admit it, he kind of likes being this close to you. He scolds himself for enjoying this. How impure of him! He was supposed to be a loyal retainer to lord Malleus, not some loose man who lays with women! Against your earlier warnings, he was very much being weird about this.
"F-fine, but I expect you to keep this between us," he relents.
"Only if you do the same," you agree, snuggling deeper into his chest. His arm moves on its own and wraps itself around you. Your eyes shoot open for a second, but you relax into his touch. This is... kind of nice. As soon as Sebek is able to unclench his jaw, he falls right to sleep. His arm gets heavier on your body, like a weighted blanket. You're just as warm as you would be if you were in the main assembly hall. Sleep finally finds you after a long, bizarre night.

By the time sunlight breaks through the windows, Sebek has already left your side. You turn onto your back, missing his presence. The sun helps to heat the vestibule, but it isn't as comforting as Sebek's warmth. Sebek stomps back into your room through the front door, covered in snow.
"Wake up, men!" Sebek bangs on the stuck door. You see what he's doing here. He went outside to pretend he was getting in some early morning exercise to explain why he was locked in a room with you. The other guys would be none the wiser.
"Oh, I forgot that that door gets stuck sometimes," Epel gets out of bed and hits the side of the knob in just the right way to dislodge it. You and Sebek are finally granted access, and you dash inside. You would not be letting these people stick you in the vestibule again. You didn't care if that meant sharing a room with a bunch of guys. The boys all prepare for the competition as you relish the comfort of the assembly hall. "Everybody ready?" Epel asks. They all answer in the affirmative.
"I'm so excited! You guys are gonna kill it!" You cheer. Epel, Jade, Idia, and Grim all exit the building, you and Sebek trailing slightly behind. He leans down to whisper in your ear.
"Last night... I slept quite well," he awkwardly admits, blush coating his cheeks. "If I'm ever to have trouble sleeping in the future, would it be alright for me to call on you to share a bed?" You grin at him. Neither of you thought the previous night would lead to you connecting in such a way. You aren't mad about it.
"You can call on me anytime!" You beam at him. The corners of his mouth twitch up, and he turns his head away from you to hide his flustered smile. He resolves to win the competition, determined to impress you.