[Chapter 1] Dear High School.

Explicit scenes in this chapter: Abuse

𝐶 𝐴 𝑅 𝑇 𝐸 𝑅 𝑆 𝑃 𝑂𝑉

Dear high school, I hate you.

That's it, I hate high school. I want my senior year to be over, I want to go on to college. I want to be away from these kids, I want to start my life. I want to be free, especially from Noah Miller. I hate him, always have. But I hate him a little extra right now.

"You asshole!" I hold the paper towel to my bloody nose, the dick hit me in the face with a ball while playing volleyball in gym class, not to mention it got blood on and ruined my favorite workout shirt.

"Oops." he turns to his friends with a smirk on his face. That is until I stand up from my place on the bench and go right up to him and kick him right where the sun doesn't shine. He drops to the ground with a groan and his hand in between his legs, I hear a few laughs throughout the gym.

"Both of you! The office now!" Our heads turn to the gym teacher. I roll my eyes before walking past Noah who's still on the ground, and right out the door, walking down to the office. Once I enter the doors of the front office the log-in lady looks up, a sigh immediately leaves her mouth. She motions for me to sit down in a chair, which I do. It's a few minutes before Noah enters the office as well.

His eyes look to me before facing the lady, she's giving both of us a hard glare. "Both of you, principles office, he'll be in there in a minute." I stand up and walk past him, into the office. I take my seat; Noah enters and sits next to me.

"You're a bitch." I turn to him with my eyebrows raised.

"I'm a bitch? You're an asshole, you hit me with a damn ball." He rolls his eyes; he knows how to push my buttons and it pisses me off to no end. Seriously, I could run him over with a car and not feel bad. I would laugh, but that's illegal.

"Because you dumped a soda on my head!" He turns his head to look at me, now shouting.

"Because you-" that very familiar voice interrupts me.

"Enough!" we both turn to face our principal. Principle Williams. Noah and I see him at least four times a week. He throws us both an ice pack. "How many times this week is this?" He asks, sitting down at his desk.

"Three." Before I can respond, Noah beats me to it and then gives me a wink. My hands fold up into a fist, when I open my mouth to fire back, Williams interrupts me, again. What's with them and interrupting me? William's is also very sexist.

Exhibit A:

"Carter, two days of after-school detention, Noah, one." he writes up the slips, then hands them to us, I roll my eyes and grab them from his hand. I stand up and storm out of the office, making sure to hit Noah in the shoulder in the process. I'm so sick of this school.

The rest of the school day goes by quickly, but I don't get to leave. Why? Because of detention, like sitting at a desk and doing homework for an hour is gonna get me to stop hitting guys who deserve it.

I walk to the library where Williams is sitting, waiting for me and Noah. I look around the room, there are some kids I don't care to acknowledge here. I take a seat at a desk, I know how this goes, I've been here enough times.

I quickly pull out my notebook and start on my homework. I could hear Noah come in late and sit down, Williams also praises Noah, so he doesn't care if Noah doesn't come in on time, or at all for that matter. Williams wouldn't even give Noah detention if he could. But people's parents would get mad, so he has to. Noah and I have hated each other for as long as I can remember.