[Chapter 38] The finish line.

This is the last chapter of this book:(

Please read A/N at the end of the chapter.
_________________________________________

"This is actually happening? We're actually graduating?" Amber asks slipping her gown on

"I think we are." I say looking around the room at the graduating class.

"Guys in three months we're gonna be walking around our college campuses." Amelia says looking at herself in the body length mirror.

"I'm so terrified to move away from home and everybody I love." I sit down on the bench as everybody gets ready.

"Me too. How am I gonna make it without you guys?" Amber asks sitting next to me. Lia takes the other side of me.

"We just have to remember to never stop talking to each other." I take a hold of both of their hands. "And be there for each other."

"We'll be okay."

_________________________

I clap for everyone that goes before me before they call my name. "Carter Shay!" People clap as I walk up the stage.

"At the end of summer Shay will be attending Yale!"

I shake peoples hands and take my diploma before changing my tassel over to the opposite side. More people clap as I walk down the stairs and back to my seat.

We go through an hour and a half of more people before it's over. We all celebrate and throw our caps in the air. "Congratulations graduating class on 2022!" The crowd all cheers  and splits up to find our family's.

I spot my dad and brother in the crowd and rush to them. I immediately hug my dad and pull my brother in. "I'm so proud of you Car. You've come so far." I smile into my dads shoulder.

"You too, Noah. I'm so proud of both of you." I turn around and see Noah standing there. "Come here." Noah joins our hug.

"I'm so glad that you came into our lives Noah because I know that they'd be a lot different if you didn't." Noah thanks my dad and squeezes my hips.

"I'm happy I met you guys to."

"Okay, me and Cayden are gonna go get some ice cream then go home. I'll see you guys there." I nod and they walk off the field. I turn to Noah and hug him.

"We graduated." I whisper.

"We made it." He whispers back.

"Now just four more years of school." He laughs.

"Yup. And we're gonna make it through that to." I smile.

"We will."

_________________________

"Woo!" They turn the music up louder as people around the room are dancing.

"Here's another drink."