[Chapter 3] Let's try.

𝐶 𝐴 𝑅 𝑇 𝐸 𝑅 𝑆 𝑃 𝑂𝑉

"What about this one?" Amber asks as she exits the changing room. I narrow my eyes from where I'm standing in front of a mirror, looking at my dress.

"No, it's not your color." Jeremy agrees with me from the couch.

"Pick what you want Ambs. You'll look amazing in anything." Amelia says, glaring at me and Jeremy. We both give her an innocent smile. I sigh as I look into the mirror, It isn't the right dress. I walk back into the dressing room and pull the dress off of my body.

I grab the violet dress off of the hanger and step into it, pulling it up and putting my arms through the straps. "So, what happened with your and Noah's "study session"?" Amber asks as I exit the changing room and look in the mirror.

"We were disagreeing on everything then he said some stuff and I got pissed, we got into a fight and he stormed out of my house." Jeremy looks me up and down.

"Okay if I wasn't gay, I would make out with you. That dress is the one Car." I laugh and turn to Jeremy with wide eyes. He puts his hands up in defense. I shake my head and turn back to the mirror.

"Speaking of Noah," Amelia says, I turn my head and see him walk in with some of the football guys and some of the cheerleaders. We make eye contact and I roll my eyes, turning back to my friends.

"There's a three and a half until the deadline for the project and I don't know what to do," I say as I walk back into the changing room and change back into my regular clothes. I am so glad it's Sunday, I am way too tired for anything school-related today. Other than homecoming of course.

"I don't want to do the project myself and he gets credit for something he didn't do. But I don't want to get an F for not doing anything."

I grab the dress and exit the room, the other girls do as well, carrying their dresses. We all walk to the front to pay. "Just get over yourself and go and talk to him about it." I flip Amelia off as I pay for my dress.

"Lia, the day that I talk to Noah Miller without fighting with him, is the day I die," I state as we all exit the shop. I shoot Noah one last glare before exiting the store and putting the dresses in the back of my car. We get in and head to a diner down the road.

Once we get seated and order our food they start to question me. "So nothing other than fighting happened while he was over?" Amber asks, I give her a questioning look before shaking my head.

"No, what do you mean nothing else? What else would happen?" I narrow my eyes in her direction I can see my other friends holding back a smile, I have no idea what's so amusing.

"You guys need to act on that sexual tension." My eyes widen as my other friends start laughing.

"Sexual Tension? Yeah, no. There's none of that between Miller and me." I roll my eyes and take a drink of my water. They've stopped laughing and are giving me an "are you stupid?" look.

"There's not, anyways, let's talk about Jer and Justin." He groans and flips me off. I laugh and lean back in my seat.

After spending more time at the diner I dropped them all off and go home. I sit and scroll through Netflix trying to figure out what to watch, "Carter, someone's here for you!" I get off my bed, it's five-thirty and my friends are all doing stuff, who would be here?

To my surprise I find Noah standing at my front door. "Uh, hi?" I say, but it comes out as more of a question.

"We both know that it's gonna be hard getting along but it's just a week. We both want a good grade and we can't do that unless we work together, so let's try, let's try to get along for just this week then we can go back to hating each other." I raise my eyebrows.