[Chapter 4] Why do i?

Explicit scenes in this chapter: Abuse

𝐶 𝐴 𝑅 𝑇 𝐸 𝑅 𝑆 𝑃 𝑂𝑉

"Walk faster!" Cayden screams, pulling mine and Amber's arms.

"We're coming." Amber and I speed up, finally being able to slow down once we get to the park. I stop walking when Cayden comes to a halt in front of me.

"Sissy, Emily's over there. Can I go play with her?" I nod and he takes off to the swings with Emily. He looks so excited, they're so cute.

"I'm so scared for him to grow up and realize what the world is actually like." Amber turns to me with a laugh.

"I'm just scared for him to grow up." I laugh, and we keep an eye on him until a voice interrupts us.

"Hey, Amber." Trent. Our heads turn towards him as he and his friends, excluding Noah, walk over. Trent and Amber are an off-and-on thing. They've hooked up a couple of times, but they won't get together. Most of Noah's friends don't like me. Hence him not saying hi to me.

"Hey, Trent." I turn my head away and towards Cayden playing. I'm scared to leave him for college. "What are you doing here?" She asks, obviously not knowing about his little sister.

"My little sister Emily, had to bring her here to play." Amber nods, they're just staring at each other. I hear more footsteps coming and look behind me, Noah. I look back to Cayden and see him running for me, followed by Emily.

I bend down to his level when he gets to me. "I told her I love her." He whispers into my ear, I laugh and smile at him.

"That's great buddy." He smiles as I stand back up.

"Who knew? Carter Shay has a heart." I ignore Trent's words and focus on Cayden.

"Don't be rude to my sister, I'll beat you up." My eyes widen at Cayden's words, holding back a laugh. Trent rolls his eyes, then Cayden's eyes find Noah. "Hi, Noah. Are you listening to what I told you?" Noah holds his hand over his heart.

"Promise." Cayden smiles at him, I look at him suspiciously, what did he tell him? Now I'm scared. Cayden walks over to Noah and grabs his hand.

"You have to push me and Emily on the swings, Carter is too short." My mouth opens as Amber and Noah laugh. Noah follows him to the swing set and pushes the two kids. I watch them for a little bit until Noah looks over and I quickly look away. I hope he didn't see me.

Amber is sitting on one of the benches talking with Trent. I take a seat on a different bench by myself until someone sits next to me. I look over seeing a guy I've never seen before. "Hi." Oh god, this is awkward.

"Uh, hey." He's staring at me, I can feel it.

"I'm Matt." I looked over at him, I was right, he was staring.

"Carter." I shake his hand and then turn my eyesight back to Cayden, he's now making Noah and Justin go up onto the play structure with him.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing sitting here alone?" I'm blushing, I can feel my cheeks burning up. I look down at my lap before answering.

"My brother is playing on the play structure, and my best friend is talking to a guy over there." I point towards Amber, she's looking at me while talking with Trent. His eyes search the playground and land on Cayden.

"You guys new here? I've never seen you. Believe me, I would've known if I saw you." He's sweet, really sweet. He's attractive, so why is he talking to me?

"Uh no, I go to Beverly Hills High." He nods, I probably shouldn't have told him that, I don't even know him.

"Oh, that makes sense." I nod, finally turning my head towards him. He's a lot more attractive than I thought he was. "So Carter, I'm guessing you have a boyfriend." It's more of a statement than a question.