[Chapter 6] Can we talk?

𝐶 𝐴 𝑅 𝑇 𝐸 𝑅 𝑆   𝑃 𝑂𝑉

"Hey, can we hang at yours today?" I look over at Amber while shoving some books in my locker.

"Who's we?"

"The normal, Lia, me, you, Jer," She starts, "and Trent, Nick, Justin, and Noah." She turns her head so her voice is quieter.

"What? No! I'm pissed at Noah, Trent is an ass." She rolls her eyes.

"You don't have to talk to each other. Please." I sigh.

"Do they have to come?" I turn to look at her. She gives me pleading eyes. "Fine, but don't expect me to be nice. And Trent can't be a dick, my brother will be there." She nods.

"Thank you, I love you!" She walks away and I shake my head. I slam my locker shut, I jump when I see Noah standing behind it.

"Jeez, warn a girl next time." I roll my eyes before throwing my bag over my shoulder and walking down the hall.

"Carter, Can we talk?" I ignore him and keep walking until he grabs my wrist to stop me. "Please?" I sigh and turn to look at him.

"You have one minute."

"I was joking, okay? I know I ruined your shirt or whatever but I was joking, kinda." I raise my eyebrows.

"You're not very good at apologizing." He closes his eyes and mouths something before opening them again.

"I'm sorry, I was just joking around. I didn't mean to ruin your shirt or make you mad. We were doing good without fighting. Can we please go back to not fighting?" I just glare at him.

"Oh come on, I already said please twice are you gonna make me say it again?" I roll my eyes with a sigh.

"One more chance, you mess that up and I'm done trying. I'm going back to hating you forever." His face erupts into a smile.

"Okay good, because I miss your brother." I roll my eyes again and continue walking down the hall.

"I'll see you later!" I laugh as he yells down the hall. He's something else.

******

I get up from the couch when I hear a knock at my door. I open it to see Noah on the other side and the other guys next to him. The girls are walking up behind them. "Why did you knock. Just walk in." Amber rolls her eyes at the guys before shoving past them and me, then into the kitchen.

I step aside letting the rest of them in. "Do you have Oreos?" She shouts from the kitchen. 

"Last cabinet on the right!" I walk into the living room as Cayden is running down the stairs.

"Hi!" He high-fives Noah before following us into the living room. "What're you doing?" He hops up onto the couch next to Noah as he sits down.

"I don't know yet, Cay." He sighs before leaning back on the couch.

"Noah, do you play football?" I look over at them as Noah nods. "I want to play football next year. Can you teach me how to play?"

******

And that's how we ended up in the backyard while the guys teach Cayden how to play football. Trent is being surprisingly nice. Justin and Jeremy are talking. Nick is being quiet as always, although I can see him and Amelia sneaking looks at each other. Something is going on there.

The girls and I are sitting on the deck chairs watching some movie on the deck tv. Well they are, I'm drawing. "Something about guys playing with little kids. It makes them ten times hotter." I follow Amber's line of sight, Noah is picking Cayden up while tossing the ball to Trent.