[Chapter 18] Elliot.

"You okay?" Noah nods as we walk into the school

"You okay?" Noah nods as we walk into the school. People are staring at us. Mainly because Noah is in a cast and a sling, but also because we're walking In together.

"I'll meet you in class," I nod to Noah as he walks off to his locker. I open my locker before grabbing some books out and shutting it.

I make my way down the hallway looking at my feet. I flinch when I make contact with a wall, only it's not a wall. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I look up from the spot on the floor where I landed to see a guy staring down at me. His black hair fell over his eyes.

"It's okay, I should've watched where I was going," he helps me up before picking up my books and handing them to me. "Thanks," I mumble, he's sweet.

"I'm Elliot," I smile and shake his hand.

"Carter, you're new aren't you?" He nods.

"Yeah, I'm trying to find Ms. Stark's class, do you know where that is?" I nod.

"Yeah I'm passing it I'll show you where it is," we start down the hallway to our classes.

"So where did you move from?"

"Oregon."

"Why'd you guys move? If you don't mind me asking."

"Just needed a fresh start," I nod.

"Well this is Starks class," he nods.

"Thanks." I smile at him and start walking off but then turn around.

"Hey Elliot, meet me in the cafeteria at lunch. You can sit with me and my friends." His face lights up and he nods. I walk into my class and sit down.

________________

I sit down at our table with a groan. "Jones gave us a pop quiz in math," Jeremy scoffs.

"Yeah, seriously, no warning at all," Noah laughs at us.

"That's what a pop quiz is. You're not supposed to know about it." I roll my eyes and shove his good shoulder. Then I see Elliot walk into the cafeteria out of the side of my eye.

"Elliot!" His eyes find me and he smiles.

"Who's that?" The whole group says at the same time. Elliot sits down on the other side of me.

"Guys this is Elliot. He's new." They all greet him. Noah just grunts, what's his problem?

"What happened to your arm?" Noah's head snaps to Elliot at the question, he looks at me as he answers.

"Car accident," I smile and squeeze his knee in reassurance before taking a bite of my sandwich. It's not my business whether he tells them the truth or not, Noah just told them that his parents had business in another state so he's living with us for a while, they questioned it but left the subject when they realized it was a sore subject.