Apartments

Dirk P.O.V.

'Oh my gosh he's being cute with that blush spread across his face' I though quietly, 'wait what did he say'

"So do you understand?" Jake said.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I?" I said without thinking but then again 'Striders don't miss anything'..

"All right this is my room," he said with a smile, " Come and visit whenever but remember to tell me first because there may be times when you can't come over." His British accent rang through my head like a gong through a temple. After I helped him unpack and repack some things I was slightly confused just to realize what he had said earlier he had wanted to stay at my apartment for a night. 'Damn it you didn't even clean it and you can't just say that to him he thinks your a neat and tidy person' I mentally punched myself and mentally face palmed.

"I have to go do something important," I quickly said before running off. I quickly ran through the door to my apartment.

"Hey bro. What's wrong you seem panicked?" Dave said.

"We need to clean this place up."

"Why?"

"Because one of my friends will be staying here tonight and he isn't used to the 'Strider experiance'."

"Ooh I see it's your boyfriend then."

"He is just my friend, end of that story. Also he's from out of town and just needed a place to stay for a day or two to get his apartment in order. Do you remember when we had to deal with that bull?"

"Yes and it sucked dick," Dave said that to put it as simple as possible.

"Yeah that's why we are going to clean this up asap."

Jake P.O.V.

Dirk just ran off and left me hanging "what on earth is he doing?" I wondered aloud. "He just left me. Dirk probably has a good reason. I think?" well that's what I hoped, truly I had to just trust my gut that he would come back with his item for having that 'sleep over' thing with me.

After an hour he came back. "Sorry I took forever Jake," He said almost... Apologetic for whatever reason.

"That's all right. Wait where's your stuff?" I questioned him.

Dirk P.O.V.

I came back from cleaning with Dave we were both pretty beat so we chilled for what happened to have been a half hour. I rushed back to Jake's' room.

It turns out to my disbelief that I was going to be staying at his place for the night the opposite of what I had thought was happening. "Oh, looks like I forgot to grab my bag," I said chuckling to make it seam real.

"Okay well then go grab it I'm excited for this sleep over shindig." I thought 'what 'shindig', no one says shindig anymore I should tell him, but what if it hurts his feelings.' After a few arguments in my head I decided not to tell him about that. Then I quickly raced back to my apartment so I could quickly grab everything that I needed and anything else important. Then I ran back with my stuff in hand.

"Your quite fast Dirk." Jake said with a smile. Then I thought about how pissed Dave was going to be with me tomorrow when he finds out that he didn't have to clean and that it was a false alarm. Damn he was going to be so pissed I think he might just attempt to lock me out of the apartment.