Natural Disaster // pref #32

-thanks foblvr for the request! keep sending in requests for me, please! it'd be appreciated-

-i'm so sorry for not updating in weeks-

Patrick:

"Y/n! There's been a fire!" your best friend, Patrick, screamed from the kitchen.

"What happened?" you yelled, running closer.

"The paper towels fell onto the stove!" he grabbed your wrist and pulled you out of the room. "Hurry, call the fire department!" the fire was spreading rather quickly. It spread into the living room, quickly setting almost everything on fire.

The two of you started to run towards the front door, but the fire beat you there. There was no way out except backward, so you went that way.

[[they wentz backward iM LAME SORRY]]

"The paper towels fell onto the stove while I was cooking. We're in the closet in the back room." Patrick gave the lady on the phone your address and she told you two to stay on the line. She kept trying to calm you down, but Patrick, in a panicked frenzy, accidentally hung up the phone.

"Y/n, if we die, I need you to know something," Patrick started, "I've had a crush on you since the moment I laid eyes on you. I thought you were beautiful. And I still do. You mean the absolute world to me. And if we ever do get out of here, would you like to go out with me?" he rushed out, heat spreading to his cheeks.

"If we get out of here, yes. Of course. I feel the same way about you." at that exact moment, a fireman burst through the doors. There was smoke everywhere, causing Patrick's asthma to act up and the both of you to start coughing.

"Come this way." the man led the two of you out of the closet with masks on your face so you could both breathe. Once you were out of the house and safe, the medics checked your vitals and lungs to make sure you were healthy. After the two of you were done being checked, Patrick and you sat down to calm down from the lively event.

"So, how about that date?" you winked and Patrick blushed.

"We'll definitely be going on it."

Pete:

"There has been a tornado spotted in Chicago. It's spiraling through the city. Be careful if you're in that area." the man on the news said. He started to list ways to stay safe but you and Pete weren't paying attention. A tornado had just touched the ground right outside.

It spiralled towards your house and struck.

Pete started yelling for you to run to the back room, considering it was near your side of the house. You ran quickly to the room and he closed the door behind you.

"Climb out the window!" he shouted from
behind you. You ran to the window and pulled it upwards. "Let's go!" he helped you climb out and climbed out behind you.

"You okay?" he asked, while you guys ran away from the tornado that was gaining speed.

"Yeah, you?" he nodded.

You picked up speed and ran to safety. There was a barn that you two hid in, away from the tornado's direction.

A few hours later, some men showed up and drove you guys to a shelter. Pete offered to let you move in with him, since your house had been destroyed during the tornado. You, of course, said yes.

-i've never been in a tornado so please forgive me for being so clueless about them-

Andy:

andy: hey, there's a hurricane coming your way. come over here, according to the weather, it's hitting your area, but not mine.

you: on my way.

You drove to Andy's, like he'd asked you to. He only lived thirty minutes away, but you drove quickly, so you got there faster than you normally did.

"Hey," you said, when he'd opened the door.

"Come in," he moved out the way and closed the door. "The weatherman said it should be over in an hour or two and hit Canada's coast, but your house was in the area it's said to hit, and I felt like I had to protect you." Andy smiled and you two sat on the couch, watching TV.

"Thanks," you smiled back.

"Wanna watch a movie?" he asked.

"Sure," he grabbed a movie and put it in the DVD player. The Avengers started playing and he sat down on the couch. You laid down on the other side, your head on his lap.

Eventually, you fell asleep. A few hours later, he woke you up by nudging you gently.

"Hey, hurricane's over," he smiled.

"Oh, great. Do you mind if I stay here tonight?"

"I don't mind," he said, and you both fell asleep again.

-i've never actually been through a hurricane or a fire or a tornado my life is so boring-

Joe:

"Joe, why is the TV shaking?" you asked, noticing the DVDs and TV shaking.

"I think we're having an earthquake. Come on, we have to go outside." Joe replied. The two of you quickly slipped your shoes on and went outside. Your neighbours were all out on their lawns.

"Y/n! Joe! Glad you guys got out." one called out from across the street.

"My TV toppled onto the floor!" another complained.

"My bookshelf collapsed!"

Soon, the shaking stopped. "I think it's over. Let's all go check the damage that was done to our houses." a neighbour called out.

You and Joe went inside, and looked around. Only a few DVDs and books had fell on the floor. "We're okay." Joe said.

"I'm glad much damage wasn't done." you replied.

"Me too, baby. I'm glad you're not hurt." he smiled at you.

"I'm glad you aren't either. Love you."

"Love you, too." Joe kissed your cheek.

--ok this is a sucky pref im sorry please forgive me i love you guys a lot--