What Secret Lies in the Water(Son Hyeju)

(A/n: FYI this was HEAVILY inspired by Disney's 'Luca')

This was not the summer trip Hyeju had expected.

Or should I say, wanted?

The original plan was to stay in her room for the whole summer with her best friend, Park Chaewon, playing pubg till their hands were sore and only leave the room for food and to use the restroom.

Her parents, on the other hand, were fully aware of Hyeju's plans.

Therefore, they made it a goal to prevent it from happening.

That brings us to where we are now.

Hyeju starring out at the boring waters of Italy as the boat rocks her back and forth while her crazy aunt yells at the fish below to get into her net.

She groaned as she buried her head in her hands before yelling at her aunt, "YOU'RE ONLY SCARRING THEM AWAY BY YELLING AT THEM IDIOT!!"

After her shouting, she heard the rapid footsteps coming her way as her aunt yelled back, "Who the hell do you think you are?? Calling me an idiot?!?"

Hyeju realized her mistake and made a run for it before her aunt could reach her.

One thing she was thankful for, her aunt was filthy rich.

This wasn't just any boat, it was a yacht.

So she of course had many places to hide from her crazy aunt, Ha Sooyoung.

Hiding in the back of the boat where there were extra supplies stored away and a small ladder to easily climb into the water from the boats behind, Hyeju began climbing down the ladder.

Submerging herself down to her chin, she hid behind an emergency boat as she heard her aunt stomping furiously around the deck.

"I swear I just saw her here..." Sooyoung stated.

"Oh leave her alone already, she'll turn up when she's hungry. She probably just wants to be alone right now," Sooyoung's wife, Jiwoo, spoke up.

"You're right-you're right, but I was only teasing...I wanted to have fun with her like we use to when she was a little kid you know? Now that she's all grown up she treats us like...strangers. And-And I know she doesn't want to be here but I just wish I could somehow make it a little more fun for her."

Hyeju frowned in guilt after hearing her aunt's confession.

Sooyoung had indeed been trying to connect with her niece throughout the beginning of the trip but seeing as there was no breaking the young adult from her shell, she was starting to lose hope of making the trip enjoyable for everyone.

Before Hyeju could sulk in the guilt at hearing this from Sooyoung, Jiwoo broke the silence with a strange statement.

"I think I can fix this...do you remember....? and how she...I think Hyeju would get along with her..." Jiwoo spoke in a very quiet tone.

Hyeju furrowed her brows in suspicion and tried to lean a little closer to the boat hoping to hear what they were planning.

Unfortunately, she wasn't paying attention to how close she was to the boat's ledge and ended up hitting her forehead, causing an audible groan to escape her mouth.

"AHA!" shouted Sooyoung.

"FOUND YOU HYEJU!!" She yelled again while running in Hyeju's direction.

Hyeju groaned in defeat and began climbing up the boat again.

As Sooyoung approached Hyeju with a towel she stated, "I texted the captain saying we're going to have a little detour by an island close by instead of directly back home, that cool with you?"