Cherry blossoms (Honda Hitomi)

Genre: lil bit of angst, mainly fluff

There she was again. Laughing at you as her friends continued to throw a whole ass grocery list at you. You stood in the middle of the cafeteria completely covered in egg yolk, shells, tomatoes, and strangely feathers. Did it hurt? Yes, it did.

You knew for a fact that the next morning you would wake up covered in bruises or red marks.

As you waited for them to finish having their laughs at you, you glanced at the cafeteria windows to stare outside as the cherry blossoms were at their peaks. They haven't bloomed yet, but you couldn't wait for it any longer, you always found comfort in them for making everything a little more beautiful. But, it sadly couldn't distract you from this nightmare now, you lost that form of comfort to your constant tormenting.

You had simply been waiting in line minding your own business until Yeonwoo, one your tormentors, had forcefully pulled you out and dragged you to her group. There you saw Hitomi in between two other girls who wore identical glares to match the others, looking at you with worry as the rest of them began to circle around you menacingly. This was enough for you to realize that whatever was about to happen was not going to be good.

One thing led to another and now here you are sitting in front of everyone with your head bowed down in humiliation. It was such perfect timing, being dragged away from your spot in the line which you had only saved for your friend Jisoo who had unfortunately made it to lunch way too late because she had to go make up a quiz.

Not only that but it gets worse.

Here's the thing, You've liked Hitomi ever since you two have been in eighth grade. It's your  Junior year now and you still haven't gotten over her. But liking her only seemed to bring many consequences into your life. Her new friends had found out about your crush on Hitomi after eavesdropping in the hallways on a conversation you and Jisoo shared where she tried calming you down after freaking out when you found out that Hitomi would be your new chemistry partner, and not knowing how you would be able to handle yourself around her sent red flags to the eavesdroppers.

Out of your embarrassment, they told her. Surprisingly, that didn't change the way she acted around you. In fact, she was way more affectionate? But, it was only in chemistry that she would act that way. Once she was back with her friends, she wore a new face, an evil one.

She would go back to watching you being humiliated.

It put your emotions in a whirl when she'd always compliment you, hug you out of the blue, or even as far as asking you to hold her hand, in the class, of course, hidden under the desks. Her reasoning which was purely for 'wanting to experience it' which was an odd reason, but you played along nonetheless since you had secretly always enjoyed it when she asked you to 'practice' with her. Looking back at it, you felt like it was stupid and pointless because here you are getting made fun of for something that she encouraged once again, she never denied or confirmed feelings for you but also never decided to step in when her friends began to ostracize you. She was just too two-faced for you to handle anymore.

But, then you started actually thinking about it, was Hitomi just playing with you this whole time like it was all one big act to her?

-

Jisoo walked over to the sink with the paper towel, letting the water soak into it then, walking over to you and dabbing it across your tomato smeared face. She frowned seeing you blankly staring at the wall, feeling helpless at the fact that she couldn't do anything to stop the ongoing bullying.

While she finished cleaning you up, you continued to sulk in your hurt feelings. Hitomi never did anything to stop it, no surprise there. She'd always stand and watch from the sidelines, forcing a laugh or two, you could always see right through that fake tough facade she was pulling with her friends. She didn't want to hurt you and you knew that but she also didn't want to ruin her image she had by being with them.