The water (Song Yuqi)

AU- Atlantis: where you're a runaway princess and meet your savior, Yuqi, where she then takes you to her kingdom.
Genre: Pure Fluff
-
The leaves crunched beneath my feet as I walked through the forest. My chest heaving after running from the kingdom. I looked behind me in constant paranoia that the soldiers would somehow catch up and take me back. I couldn't go back there, not after all the hell they put me through, I just couldn't.

I limped toward a tree and rested my weight against it while taking a look at my leg. I cringed at the large gash that had gone along my thigh when I fell during the chase. I tore a piece of my sleeve off and tied it around the wound to slow the bleeding. Once I finished I rested my head against the tree, shutting my eyes and letting out a sigh. After I felt more composed and somewhat re-energized, I pushed myself off the tree. My bare feet continued to lead me into the darkness as I wandered around. I ducked and moved through bushes and trees until I stumbled upon a lake. I was beyond the point of exhaustion.

By this point, my legs were shaking violently and so was my body, they soon gave out on me and I fell to the ground with a grunt. Holding myself up with my arms, I crawled towards the water that glistened in the moonlight. I could feel myself slowly becoming more and more heavily from the overwhelming feeling of exhaustion. My throat felt extremely dry and I willed myself to push my body closer to the water hoping to at least cure my dehydrated symptoms.

When I reached my hand out to the water, light from across the lake came slowly towards my direction, stopping in the middle of the lake. My eyes began to feel heavy but I willed myself to keep them open, and the most unbelievable thing before me occurred.

It was a girl walking on top of the water, well not really JUST walking, but, more like she was dancing. I didn't think it was possible. Now I've seen it all.

Her arms and legs moved fluidly with the sound of the night wind as if becoming apart of the breeze herself. She slid her arms slowly down towards the surface of the water, her fingertips barely grazed the glistening waters. My already fatigued body felt like it had begun creating these hallucinations because this was all just a bit too unreal for me. Convincing me more that this was all in my head was the sight of her lifting her hands into the night-sky, the water below her had followed behind the movement of her hand, abandoning the large body of water. The water took the shape of a snake and pursued her every move, doing exactly what she did. She continued with the same movements until she had a swarm of them surrounding her in a seemingly endless pattern of crisscrosses, creating a grand sphere of water around her body. Small lights escaped from their hiding spots behind the trees in the forest and floated towards her figure. They illuminated the girl's silhouette, finally showing her face. She was more than just beautiful, she was also extremely adorable but that was beside the point. Her cute button nose, creamy brown eyes, and bangs that all complimented her perfectly shaped face seemed godly. Her facial features had a certain glow to them in the light that if anyone saw them, they wouldn't be able to look away.

My eyelids were heavy with drowsiness, my hand only managed to make it to the edge of the water. The cold liquid touched my fingertips, I looked up, hoping to get one last look at this dream, not wanting to let it go. I could see her, looking at me. She stopped everything, she wasn't dancing or anything-just looking at me.

And like that, I was out.

-

I woke up to a strange thick feeling around my body like I was covered in something cold and heavy. Like water.

The only warmth came from a pair of unknown arms wrapped around my waste. I was still sleepy so I didn't think too much of it as I gently unwrapped the arms from me. I noticed that my hair was different and by different- I mean it was moving on its own. A quiet snore sounded in the room and I turned in the bed to see a girl, she had been the one whose arms were wrapped over mine. I felt scared. I didn't know what was going on or where I even was for that matter.